Resident Engineer (Earthworks)
at Huxley Associates in
Job highlightsPosted on August 28, 2013
Responsible for management of the Construction Management field team. Directly in charge of Assistant Resident Engineers and all site office staff.
This position relates to Earthworks, Land Reclamation and Requires strong Geotechnial knowledge.
On a daily basis coordinates the activities of the CM team to document
and verify the quality and quantity of work performed by the Contractor. Analyzes and manages all incoming correspondence including Requests for Information (RFI’s) ’s in order to determine who is the party responsible for its review.
Manages interfaces between contract packages.
Reports directly to the Senior Resident Engineer (SRE).
• Responsible for managing all aspects of the field team on the New Doha Port Project.
• Assist the SRE to build, manage and develop a core construction management team for delivery of the contract package.
• Be an active member of the project leadership team including interaction with the Client.
• Set, manage and control delivery of all contract elements and objectives including scope, quality, budgets, schedules, stakeholder interfaces, Communication /reporting, environmental and Health and Safety.
• Clearly convey instructions to staff members in order to achieve the project goals.
• Maintain the SRE informed of all developments which may affect the project so that these can be dealt with immediately.
• Must be technically sound to interpret survey and engineering submittals to channelize and solve problems expeditiously.
• Take the required measures to identify slippage in the Contractors activities early so that immediate recovery actions can be taken by the contractor.
• Use extensive relevant construction experience to proactively anticipate and prevent problems before they arise.
• Portray strong leadership skills which promote mutual respect both from the AECOM staff as well as the Contractor.
Formal degree in engineering or related professional field
This position relates to Earthworks, Land Reclamation and Requires strong Geotechnial knowledge and background.
Excellent organizational, interpersonal and technical skills
Excellent problem solving, initiative and analytical skills.
Strong Commercial focus.
Proactive and forward thinking.
Middle East Experience is essential
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To stay safe in your job search, information on common scams and to get free expert advice, we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organization working to combat job scams.