Engineering Manager, Dairy
through GHG Ltd in
Colombo, Sri Lanka
Engineering Manager, Dairy Full time through GHG Ltd in Colombo, Sri Lanka
Job highlightsPosted on May 9, 2019
Purpose of the Role:
Our client manufactures Coconut Water, Coconut Milk, Coconut Milk Powder, Coconut Oil, Coconut Flour, Desiccated Coconut, novelty coconut based products such as Coconut Chips, Coconut ; Factories are equipped with UHT Sterilizers, Canning Line, Spray Dryers, Fluid Dized Bed Dryers, Pasteurizers, Homogenizers and utility machinery such as Boilers, Air Compressors, ice bank chillers etc.
You, as an experienced Engineering professional, in our export-oriented manufacturing plant, will diagnose causes for breakdowns and will lead engineering team to come up with possible solutions to sustain machine availability at planned level so that set operational/strategic objectives are achieved in an expected ; You are expected to collaborate with heads of departments to help deliver respective business functions while resolving problems of production ; You will be a Team Player with excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate confidently and persuasively with a wide variety of people, up to very senior levels.
Key job functions:
- Ensure hands-on approach in diagnosing/troubleshooting and implement long term solutions.
- Accountable for recommending Management modes of sustaining machine reliability & efficiency.
- Ensure execution of an effective preventive maintenance program to improve plant availability in order to achieve stringent production targets.
- Optimize plant availability.
- Plan, develop and implement strategies for continuous improvement.
- Introduce automation throughout the production processes.
A degree / Diploma in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering from a recognized university / Technical College.
Extensive work experience in UHT Process in Dairy Industry.
Desired Candidate Profile:
- Minimum 15 years' hands-on work experience in Dairy Industry with UHT, Bagging Box and Tetra Pack is a must.
- Requires troubleshooting ability and root cause analysis skills with proven capability in sophisticated Dairy Manufacturing Plants.
- Result oriented, Self-motivated team player.
To stay safe in your job search, information on common scams and to get free expert advice, we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organization working to combat job scams.