SE Finance Senior Specialist
at Regional Center for Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency in
SE Finance Senior Specialist Full time at Regional Center for Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency in Cairo, Egypt
Job highlightsPosted on April 17, 2019
The overall goal for the "Sustainable Energy Finance Senior Specialist" is to effectively contribute to the promotion and successful deployment of RE and EE measures through the successful delivery of RCREEE's projects/missions in the region.
The objective of the "Sustainable Energy Finance Senior Specialist" is to contribute to the successful delivery of RCREEE's projects and to the promotion of investment in RE and EE sectors. The realization of this goal will be facilitated through providing technical support and coordination activities to the assigned projects as well as undertaking various tasks within the Private Investment Promotion Unit.
The responsibilities of the Sustainable Energy Finance Senior Specialist include -but are not limited to - the following
- Provide technical support for various projects' phases starting from the preparation and proposal-writing phase and through to the implementation and final delivery of the project.
- Oversee and coordinate the implementation of project activities, and ensures quality and impact of all project activities.
- Undertake project-related tasks/responsibilities within the assigned RE and EE projects. This includes report-writing, stakeholders' interviews, consultation meetings and communication and coordination with the partners and other relevant stakeholders (governmental institutions, donors, private sector representatives, scientific community, etc).
- Contribute to the inception and implementation of cooperation activities and service delivery within the framework of the project, such as studies, conferences, training workshops, advisory services etc
- Identify new market opportunities and analysis of necessary conditions in this regard (economy, finance, technology, market), research and development of pilot projects and partnerships between RCREEE's member states and international stakeholders in the RE and EE domain.
- Identify reliable sources and gathering of data on sustainable energy in RCREEE member states' region.
- Write presentation notes, press briefs, analysis and articles concerning the different areas of work.
- Provide analysis and follow up of the institutional, regulatory, financial, economic and technological processes updates and trends at the national and international level for RE and EE, especially the ones with an impact on investment promotion in RE and EE sectors.
- Develop technical papers, studies, reports and analytical briefs of a publishable quality for internal and external stakeholders.
- Formulate clear and comprehensive recommendations on the improvement of energy efficiency in RCREEE member states with focus on the specificities of each region.
- Provide a comprehensive analysis and evaluation of potential markets of RE and EE as well as deep understanding of implemented policies and market transformation measures adopted by RCREEE member states.
- Maintains regular and effective communication with RCREEE member states, partner institutions, and relevant stakeholders on issues related to sustainable energy.
- Collaborate with RCREEE team in preparing press releases, publications, analytical briefs ad other communication materials related to projects.
- Represents RCREEE on issues related to sustainable energy at public events, at meetings with RCREEE member states and partners in national and regional conferences and seminars.
Required Knowledge and skills
- Advanced university degree (5 years minimum) in any relevant field for the project (Engineering sciences or economic studies)
- 7+ years professional experience in the public or private sector, or international organization.
- Excellent computer skills (MS office, excel etc.)
- Deep knowledge and hands-on experience on the deployment of sustainable energy systems and RE and/or EE projects (especially regarding solar and wind technologies and/or energy efficiency and energy management)
- Hands-on experience on monetary analysis such as cost-benefits, payback etc.).
- Strong understanding of various business models and financing schemes for the deployment of RE/EE projects ( Utility scale, decentralized ).
- Familiarity with financial analysis and infrastructure project finance.
- Good knowledge of business models and support schemes for RE and EE
- Prepare detailed schedules of work, feasibility studies and cost estimates
- Ability to negotiate agreements and manage associated costs and revenues
- Ability to liaise and negotiate with specialist consultants, contractors, and other relevant actors
- Excellent understanding of criteria for energy efficient equipment selection for different systems ( industrial processes)
- Professional work attitude and ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
- Ability to combine technical and economics knowledge with excellent work habits, communication skills, and quantitative modeling.
- Expected to work under minimal supervision to research, analyze and communicate economic, business, policy, market, and/or regulatory issues affecting the deployment of RE/EE technologies in the Arab countries
- Expected to write clear, comprehensive and detailed studies, reports and presentations of a publishable quality for internal and external stakeholders
- Must have excellent team/customer service skills in an international context with various partners.
- Well organized, responsible and reliable in work and relationships with colleagues and partners.
- Ability to handle emergency situations in a calm and directed fashion, and lead teams in such situations as needed.
- Must possess exceptional problem solving, critical thinking and analytical skills to troubleshoot and resolve project issues and challenges.
- Strong attention to detail and deadline orientated.
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills.
- Must be accustomed to working on various issues simultaneously and ensuring the integrity of each project.
- Ability to travel on work missions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in Arabic and English. Knowledge of French is a plus.
General Terms and Conditions
The Candidate is required to work from RCREEE's Cairo office.
Tenure of Appointment
The initial appointment will be for 12 months including a 3-month probation period.
Contract extension will be subject to performance, needs and availability of funds.
RCREEE is an equal opportunity employer and qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.
How to apply
To apply, please send you CV and a cover letter highlighting relevant work experience to: , latest by May 5, 2019 with the subject line: " Sustainable Energy Finance Senior Specialist"
Emails without subject line will be automatically discarded.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Advanced university degree
To stay safe in your job search, information on common scams and to get free expert advice, we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organization working to combat job scams.