HUMAN RESOURCES OFFICER (HRO)
through Volt Management Services Limited in
HUMAN RESOURCES OFFICER (HRO) Full time through Volt Management Services Limited in Nairobi, Kenya
Job highlightsPosted on February 6, 2019
Our client, a leading Law firm in the country, seeks to hire a competent HRO to fill the open HR role in the company.
Employment: 2 Years Fixed Term Contract
- Build a positive work place- ensure to establish a consistent life-work flow that matches with peoples desired lifestyles.
- Recruit and sustain engaged, loyal and successful employees.
- Create processes that ensure a reduction in high level of stress, low staff performance and productivity, poor decision making, poor commitment to work, poor work relations, increased sickness absence and high staff turnover among others.
- Help staff become the best version of themselves by helping them overcome weakness and negativity by focusing on strong points and development.
- Create jobs that empowers employees and allows them to develop themselves professionally and personally.
- To provide effective learning and development (L&D) support to the business at all levels and across all departments.
- To ensure the L&D function is fully aligned with business needs and at all times delivers value for money.
- To build strong working relationships with all departmental managers.
- Create and update compensation strategy through market analysis and pay surveys.
- Handles investigation and resolution of management and employee issues, concerns and conflicts.
- Ensures all employment practices comply with laws and regulations.
- To Identify appropriate team members, external stakeholders, considering issues such as capacity, experience required, client service continuity and impact on profitability.
- Planning, developing, managing and overseeing talent acquisition, recruitment processes and talent management strategies.
- To establish a communication plan.
- Identify organisational and individual learning needs through appropriate methods of research, eg by conducting a detailed learning needs analysis and produce a rolling training plan for all staff.
- Creation, agreement and achievement of service level agreements with key stakeholders and key performance indicators with team members.
- Explore the use of e-Learning for the firm, produce recommendations and manage implementation.
- To Identify and execute Firm process improvement projects.
- To Provide weekly, monthly & quarterly accurate status reports of project progress, deliverables and anticipated/actual benefits.
The following criteria are essential to carry out this role to minimum required standard.
- Bachelors degree in Human Resource
• Human Resource experience.
• Solid understanding of firm requirements, processes and policies.
• Creative and pioneering thinking-being able to spot issues and implement solutions.
• Team player.
• High level of initiative and self motivation.
• Advanced organisational, time management and efficiency skills.
• Attention to detail and quality focus.
• Exemplary report writing skills.
• Superb judgment and decision-making skills.
• Passion for great client service; excellent communication, professionalism and interpersonal skills are essential.
• Computer literate with experience in Microsoft Office, especially Word, PowerPoint and HR software.
• Excellent numeracy and literacy skills.
• 3+ years' experience Human Resources Management in professional services sector (legal, audit & accountancy or banking & finance).
• Knowledge of compensation strategy, performance management, employee relations, safety practices and talent acquisition, and the ability to apply this information in a manner that is compliant with relevant employment law.
• Experience with creating a culture of high performance, engagement, collaboration and teamwork.
• Experience in compiling and analyzing employment data to guide strategic planning.
• Experience in human resource activities.
• Business coaching experience.
• Experience of leadership and management development.
• Loyal and Reliable.
• Open, Honest and Acts with Integrity.
• Patient and Calm.
• Dedicated & Responsible.
• Energetic and fast paced.
• Committed, Determined and Results Oriented.
• Charismatic and Inspiring.
To ensure all human resources activities are conducted with utmost confidentiality.
• Able to travel to a variety of locations.
• Able work long hours, attend evening or weekend meetings.
• Able to withstand high pressure work environments.
• Thirst for Knowledge-Able to Stay abreast of trends in Human Resources Management.
To stay safe in your job search, information on common scams and to get free expert advice, we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organization working to combat job scams.