at Planted Passion in
Landscape Gardener Full time at Planted Passion in Perth, Australia
Job highlightsPosted on November 24, 2018
We design and construct landscape and outdoor areas for residential and commercial properties all over Perth, our warehouse is based in Osborne Park. Additionally, we provide regular garden maintenance, refurbishment reticulation services to assure grounds present at their very best all year round.
We are currently seeking suitably qualified and experienced Landscape Gardener to join our team.
Starting at 30 hours per week with varying shifts starting from and concluding by from Monday to Friday, we seek a reliable, mature and hardworking self-starter who can work as directed but also take the initiative to complete the task efficiently and effectively.
You need to have an eye for detail and the ability to work with others towards a common goal. If you enjoy working in the fresh air with your hands to create and achieve beautiful outdoor areas, then this is for you. High interest and experience/qualifications in horticulture are a must.
This role involves all aspects of installation of various garden environments (hardscapes and softscapes) as well as fertilizer programs, herbicide/pesticide treatments and reticulation work. All equipment, tools and necessary safety wear are provided however Steel Cap boots are required.
• 18 months Gardening/Landscaping experience
• Dig-outs and site preparation.
• Lawn and plant selection install, and general softscape landscaping
• Reticulation installation
• Digging holes for plants and trees, using pick and shovel, running trenches
• Hardscapes such as paving, block work, decking and garden edging
• Hauling or spreading topsoil, lifting or shifting lifting heavy loads such as minerals and fertilisers using wheelbarrow and rake
• Timber work experience such as trellising and decks
• Experience with machines including Kanga diggers
• Certification in Horticulture, Agriculture, Turf Management, Irrigation or Arboriculture
You must have:
- Must live in and be a permanent resident of Perth
- Have a valid class C drivers licence
- Honest, reliable, punctual and conscientious
- Well-presented and professional in the company of our clients
- Friendly with a "can-do" attitude
- Flexible with a strong work ethic
- High regard for Safety and the capacity to follow procedures as required
2 years experience
To stay safe in your job search, information on common scams and to get free expert advice, we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organization working to combat job scams.