Employment Development Consultant
at Multiple Sclerosis Limited in
Employment Development Consultant Full time at Multiple Sclerosis Limited in Perth, Australia
Job highlightsPosted on July 24, 2018
We are recruiting for an exciting position working for MS as an Employment Development Consultant within the Disability Employment Service Employment Support Service.
The main purpose of this position is to support participants diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis to secure their chosen employment in the open labour market. In this role you will be responsible for the provision of high quality support to clients with MS in accordance with the Disability Employment Service Deed and MS policies, procedures and program business rules. You will provide tailored individual support to a person(s) diagnosed with MS who are wanting to work and develop strong relationships with participants, employers, industry groups and community support providers.
Other key areas of responsibility include (but are not limited to):
- Undertaking job seeker assessments and career / vocational counselling
- Create and/or restructure resumes, cover and application letters
- Reverse marketing of jobseekers to suitable job vacancies and employers
- Managing a job seeker caseload
- Contractual administration
- Program and participant promotion
- Maintaining an employer database
Ideally you will have previous experience working in the Disability Employment Service (DES) or Job Active Network / Recruitment industry or similar and be attuned to meeting targets and achieving prescribed KPI outcomes.
To be successful in this role we are looking for someone who has:
- Knowledge of the local labour market and specific local skill shortages
- Ability to motivate and initiate employment options
- Outstanding relationship building skills
- Proven experience placing job seekers in employment
- An understanding and commitment to working with people who have a disability
- Advanced negotiation and interpersonal skills
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organisational planning and time management skills
- High levels of computer literacy
To stay safe in your job search, information on common scams and to get free expert advice, we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organization working to combat job scams.