at Magnus Technology Sdn Bhd in
R&D Engineer Full time at Magnus Technology Sdn Bhd in Penang, Malaysia
Job highlightsPosted on October 8, 2018
• Design and develop embedded firmware for microcontroller-based smart lighting products.
• Support project initiatives collaborating with the rest of the design team ensuring that development milestones and deadlines are met.
• Define and implement high performance software by leveraging a strong understanding of embedded hardware design.
• Be a contributor in developing an environment of continuous improvement across product lines and development groups.
• Analyse and provide feedback on peer designs.
• Actively participate on, and at times leads, cross-functional teams to develop new devices as well as address design issues or maintenance of existing products.
• Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth analysis of variable factors. Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. Internal and external contacts often pertain to company plans and objectives.
• Coordinate with project team to create and release product requirements, design specifications and design descriptions for assigned designs applicable standards and procedures. Responsible for recording and sharing technical knowledge gained with colleagues. Review product documentation for accuracy including documentation intended for customer use.
• Evaluate product non-conformances and recommend design modifications.
• Evaluate, test, and review designs to determine if program will perform according to requirements and specifications.
• Maintain accurate records throughout the development process in order to comply with company and government standards and/or regulations.
• Bachelor's degree in Mechatronics or other relevant discipline or equivalent combination of education and experience. Fresh grads are encouraged to apply.
• Experience with assembly level and C/C++ language development including the tools used to edit, compile/assemble and debug code in an embedded environment
• Strong documentation skills.
• Experience working with real-time operating systems
• Experience with real-time signal processing and hardware
• Experience working with various communication and networking protocols
• Strong communication skills with the ability to work with all levels of the organization
• Ability to work both individually and as part of a team
• Excellent time management skills with the ability to contribute to multiple concurrent projects