Cardiac Nurse Technician
at Cebu Doctors' University Hospital in
Cebu City, Philippines
Cardiac Nurse Technician Full time at Cebu Doctors' University Hospital in Cebu City, Philippines
Job highlightsPosted on May 29, 2018
Duties and responsibilities:
1. Administers emergency medications:
• Observes the cardinal rules in giving medications (right patient, right medication, right dose, Knows the action, side effects and the necessary precaution to be ordered in the right time, right route, right documentation, right approach)
• Administration of the medication and makes referral accordingly.
• In case of untoward reactions, religiously monitors the condition of the patient and makes appropriate Nursing intervention.
• Give health teachings and instructions regarding the medication
2. Performs Basic Life Support and Advance Cardiac Life Support
3. Starts Intravenous lines and change Intravenous tubing ( dobutamine stress echo procedure)
4. Responds to CODE 99
5. Performs oral suctioning especially during trans-esophageal echocardiogram procedure
6. Performs oxygen therapy
7. Takes and records vital signs, weight and height.
8. Performs wound dressing (peripheral vascular patients)
9. Refers abnormality noted (regarding patients echo) immediately to Consultants
10. Attends to psychological, emotional and spiritual needs of the patient.
11. Ensures safe and clean environment
12. Regularly check e-cart, syringe pump, suction machine and defibrillator before and after shift.