at SMBeez in
Development Guru Full time at SMBeez in Cairo, Egypt
Job highlightsPosted on November 24, 2017
- Experience in
- Professional background in
- Job level Experienced
Pays salary of
EGP 20,000 - EGP 25,000 /month
Fluent English is a Must
Do you want to be part of an exciting new venture?
SMBeez will be an online marketplace for small businesses to help them engage in business relationships confidently based on reviews, feedback, and ratings provided by each other. We seek to empower small businesses to build their credibility, get more business, and avail each others' services confidently.
As are looking for a Development Guru to make key architectural decisions, develop our portal from prototype to go-live, and maintain the solution through ongoing releases. You will get your hands dirty with coding, hosting, debugging, and lots of pizza. Later you will take leadership of a growing team of developers.
Can you do it?
We are looking for someone who is a mastermind building Apps and APIs, a fan of leveraging existing tools rather than reinventing the wheel, and a champion of coding web portals that are reliable, secure, and browser friendly.
If coding is your passion and you are ready to roll up your sleeves building a one-of-a-kind product, keep reading!
What you can expect
Together we will help build something new and amazing from scratch. We will have lots of hard work on tight deadlines, limited resources, fast growth, laughs, satisfaction, and making a name for yourself. You will make a difference in the world. Oh, and before we forget, a very attractive salary and benefits!
- Working closely with other team members to build the solution on a very, very fast-track basis
- Judging the tradeoffs with technology and feasibility, and making choices that fit the constraints of the company
- Building and managing SMBeez cloud-based production environment
- Putting together a team of developers and provide leadership
- Presenting and defending architecture and design suggestions to stakeholders demonstrating the benefits, as well as drawbacks, of various solutions clearly
The successful candidate will have experience defining and evolving system architectures, operating critical software systems, resolving complex technical issues, and fostering a software engineering culture that is highly innovative and productive. This candidate also will be a team player, success driven, and have a positive attitude.
- Self motivated and self starter; able to multi-task, self-direct, and manage tight deadlines
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in computer science, mathematics, engineering, or a related field required
- 8+ years of Web development experience
- Good Knowledge in object oriented programming
- Prior experience with architecting high-performance, parallelized, and cloud-based systems that are critical to a business
- Exposure to a variety of technologies including object-oriented techniques and principles, NoSQL and SQL database design, and web servers
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate, partner, and collaborate
- Worked with a variety of stacks
- Thorough understanding of the software development lifecycle and agile methodologies
- Strong debugging, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Keen attention to detail
- Good knowledge in AWS and version controls ( git,svn)
- Good Command line skills
Possible equity participation depending on candidate qualifications