District Cooling Plant (DCP) Engineer | AFE | Dubai, UAE
at Al Futtaim Group in
Job highlightsPosted on May 18, 2021
Responsible for Operation and Maintenance (O&M) of the District Cooling Plant (DCP) i.e. DCP Production and Distribution Facilities (DCP plants, chilled water network with their mechanical & electrical equipment control & regulation systems, Energy Transfer Stations.
Core Functions to plan and manage the maintenance activities (preventive and corrective maintenance) related to plants, ETSs in order to ensure maintenance is conducted in an effective and efficient manner and minimize the risk of downtime.
- Ensure to maintain 24/7 plant operations and Realtime data’s i.e. monitor and record plant and ETS readings, all electrical and mechanical equipment data’s in the plant as required in the contract.
- Develop, review, validate and improve the maintenance strategy (predictive, preventive, corrective, reactive and specialized)
- Execute annual and monthly Preventive Maintenance of DCP Plant as per the agreed maintenance plan, raise timely corrective complaints, attend and rectify the breakdowns
- To review and validate the Operations & Maintenance annual objectives, associated KPI; Monitor and drive the O&M performances to maintain such KPI within target benchmark agreed limits.
- Work with client and FM Team on prioritizing maintenance activities in terms of criticality and identifying job estimate in terms of skills required, number of people, tools, cost, etc. in order to ensure that the maintenance plan is aligned with maintenance budget, and organization needs and priorities.
- Ensure that the maintenance plans are placed and updated on the CAFM in order to provide stakeholders with clarity and visibility on the maintenance schedule.
- Assist in the procurement planning of maintenance related items in order to ensure enough stock is available and that the maintenance activity is conducted as per schedule.
- Respond to emergencies at any given time and support in the investigation process to identify root causes in order to resolve the issue and prevent it from reoccurring in the future.
- Support the preparation and implementation of maintenance improvement projects for plants, ETSs in order to ensure maintenance activities are optimized in a cost-effective manner.
- Evaluate the work quality of staff and other subordinates to ensure that all work is carried out in an efficient manner, in line with the quality plans, policies and procedures.
- Develop staff development programs such as skills enhancement trainings and sessions to ensure continuous progression, and a high-level of competence within the team.
- Coordinate with other stakeholders for scopes that are not within the contract of the facilities service team.
- Coordinate with the senior management on work issues.
- Project management, supervising and coordinating contractors and service providers, Liaising with Customer / tenants to achieve excellence in customer satisfaction.
- Coordinating and leading one or more teams to cover various areas of responsibility.
- Participate in the development of policies and procedures that affect the use of supplies and facilities.
- Initiate interventions to solve problems in the facilities.
- Ensure the safety of the building or establishment from fire, flood and other hazards.
- Initiate an active campaign on safety measures in the buildings and facilities.
- Directing and planning essential central services such as security, maintenance, cleaning, and waste disposal.
- Participate in preparing the budget so that the facilities maintenance team will have adequate funds for its operation.
- Review, validate and improve the operations strategy (simulation of cooling produced-electrical consumption, network & ETS pumping flow-pressure simulations), the SCADA system Standards Operating Procedures, the processes and topics for continuous improvements
To stay safe in your job search, information on common scams and to get free expert advice, we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organization working to combat job scams.