Quality Controller / Vehicle Tester - Hino Trucks | Commercial Vehicle | Dubai
at Al Futtaim Group in
Job highlightsPosted on May 9, 2021
About the Position:
We are looking to recruit an experienced Quality Controller / Vehicle INspector to join our Commercial Vehicle Team in Dubai. You will be responsible for preparing technicians to accomplish job results and ensuring the quality of the work carried out on customer vehicles by conducting checks. The role involves in interaction with customers during new vehicle delivery in case of demonstrations etc.
Specifically, your responsibilities will include the following:
- Follows key processes to achieve specified quality and efficiency targets
- Works with the Centre to develop improved, more efficient processes
- Talks to customers to understand and summarize the details of the work required or carried out and confirm the complaint symptoms.
- Offers customers a detailed technical explanation (where this is required) in a way that recognizes their level of technical proficiency in layman terms that is clearly understood by customers
- Coaches and supports apprentice technicians – for example by explaining a repair on a step-by-step basis as it is being carried out or allowing an apprentice to carry out part of a job.
- Provides assistance and guidance to colleagues who are less skilled or knowledgeable about a particular vehicle or technology
- Works with colleagues and other teams across the Centre to provide a seamless service to customers (e.g. by informally observing and responding to the needs of customers who are not being attended to by other members of staff)
- Ensures the Service Advisor is updated at all times with the communication with customer.
- Ensures the most appropriate specialist follows up opportunities for sales.
- Reports on technical problems using appropriate procedures when dealing with customers and Hino.
- Conduct daily meeting with the Workshop Manager and Parts team to exceed performance expectations
- Manage facility to comply with the Hino Corporate Image standards
- Ensure 100% compliance with Standard Operating Procedures
To stay safe in your job search, information on common scams and to get free expert advice, we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organization working to combat job scams.