Learning Support Assistant (Aug Start) | Deira International School | Dubai
at Al Futtaim Group in
Job highlightsPosted on May 9, 2021
Deira International School, Festival City is a not for profit Premium 3-18 school and is part of the Al Futtaim Education Foundation portfolio. Founded in 2005, the school is renowned for providing an excellent inclusive and holistic education. DIS has a strong focus on academic progress and achievement. The student body has over 80 different nationalities and this diversity is fundamental to the community nature of the school. Exceptional facilities provide wonderful opportunities for an holistic approach to education; sport, performing arts, academic, technological, leadership and creative pathways are all on offer, ensuring our students enjoy enriching and varied school experiences within our classrooms and beyond. Although non-selective at admission, our students achieve exceptional exam results which compare to top UK schools. This success enables our students to move on to the very top universities around the world.
The curriculum is based upon the English National Curriculum covering a diverse range of subjects. Our personalised, play-based and continuous provision in the Early Years ensures that students are rigorously assessed against the prime and specific areas of the Early Years Foundation Stage framework. This focuses on developing key learning skills and the foundations for accessing the Primary Curriculum. In primary, students receive an enriching and broad curriculum offer, which includes the delivery of several non-core subjects. Our senior students take the IGCSE examinations in Year 11 and move into the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme (IBDP) or International Baccalaureate Career-Related Programme (IBCP) in Years 12 and 13. Deira International School is an inclusive school and successful applicants will have the opportunity to teach a diverse student body of culture, language, special need and highly able students.
Al Futtaim Education Foundation (AFEF) owns and provides governance to Deira International School. AFEF aims to realise its vision of taking education in the UAE to the next level of future readiness and of preparing students for an increasingly globalised and technologically advanced world. Al Futtaim Education Foundation is an initiative of the Al Futtaim family to support the vision of the Government of Dubai and the Knowledge and Human Development Authority (KHDA) for the creation of a globally competitive economy while maximising its social contribution to the community through this not-for-profit endeavour.
1:1 Learning Support Assistant| Deira International School | Dubai
This appoitment is to start in August 2021
To assist the teacher with the daily activities and supervise individuals and small groups as per the directions and be an advocate for the students in overcoming their barriers to learning.
- Support a range of students within the school in improving their social skills, gross and fine motor skills, subject knowledge as per the curulliculum expectations and independent learning skills
- Supervise students in class, between classes, during lunch and break time, and on the field trips
- Assist teachers prepare for lessons by getting materials ready or setting up equipment, such as computers, printing material etc
- Support the students during the assessment periods
- Help teachers with recordkeeping, such as tracking attendance
- Support the class Teacher to ensure the school rules are clearly communicated and modelled to all children rules are clearly communicated and modelled to all children
- Respond to the needs of the children by providing appropriate intervention to enable them to overcome barriers to learning
- Assist the teacher with daily routines, e.g. organization of homework folders, diaries and reading books
- Ensure the classroom environment meets standards for safety and cleanliness
To stay safe in your job search, information on common scams and to get free expert advice, we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organization working to combat job scams.