Executive Director, Escrow Management
at First Abu Dhabi Bank FAB in
Abu Dhabi, UAE
Job highlightsPosted on May 9, 2021
As part of one of the largest Real Estate Escrow service providers in the region, the individual will
need to develop new Escrow Product and manage existing Real Estate and Commercial Escrow
propositions while working with different customer segments, and be responsible for the overall
customer experience including pre-sales support, on-boarding and client servicing.
Engage with local and regional regulators (RERA/ ADM/WAFI) in structuring Escrow Proposition,
suitable for the markets while advising clients on all aspects of Corporate banking including CDD,
compliance, Risk, credit, operations & provide the “right solution”
Work with different product units and business functions in conceptualizing complex Account
bank and Project Bank Escrow propositions that will enable FAB to provide comprehensive
Bring in process automation and adopt prudent Risk management practices that will drive scale
while delivering Escrow propositions.
• Manage, develop and grow the Escrow business under GTB cash Product management while
actively working with Solutions & Advisory teams in supporting Escrow propositions for the CIB
client base & provide the “right solution”
• Identify opportunities within the domain of new Escrow product development (Account bank,
Owners Association, commercial Escrow in Egypt/KSA/Kuwait) while adhering to the regulations
and embracing technology enablers to achieve process efficiencies.
• Building and nurturing long term relationships with Real Estate regulators and working with them
in ensuring that Escrow proposition is aligned and Product changes, automation and reporting
requirements are in line with regulatory expectations
• Specific responsibility for timely Renewal of annual Trust Agreement with RERA/ADM, attend
monthly Account Trustee Meetings with regulators, Auditors and Developers.
• Accountable for arranging / approving all the mandatory reports to regulators on a timely basis and any other MIS information sought by regulators or local courts / other product partners etc
• Arrange External Annual Audit of the ESCROW Management business by External Auditors /
liaising with Government Auditors / Internal Compliance / Auditors
• Ensure departmental processes adhere to prudent Risk Management Practices and Audit
recommendations ; continuously review processes and ensure automation tools are adopted and
fit for purpose.
Primary focus on CIB clients and chosen clients from other areas of the Bank
Engage with stakeholders across the bank and client in general to promote specific solutions
Close liaison with GTB Management, CIB an PBG Relationship , Operations and other relevant
stakeholders while developing and implementing solutions
Participate in review of client agreements, service standards and service quality to ensure that we
meet and exceed the expectations of our clients
Educate Developers & Investors about Escrow laws, rights / limitations if any
Close co-ordination with Regulators for timely updates critical in running the Escrow Management
To stay safe in your job search, information on common scams and to get free expert advice, we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organization working to combat job scams.