Assistant Professor/Program Leader – Emergency Medical Care (EMC) Program
at Al Raee Recruitment Services in
Abu Dhabi, UAE
Job highlightsPosted on May 3, 2021
Khawarizmi International College invites applications for the position of “Assistant Professor/Program Leader – Emergency Medical Care (EMC) Program”. The position reports to the Head of Health & Medical Sciences (HMS), and joining date will be from Fall Semester of the coming Academic year 21/22. Joining date will be on 26th August 2021.
The Assistant Professor/Program Leader – Emergency Medical Care Program will be responsible for teaching EMC program courses effectively and HMS courses assigned by the Head of HMS Department, enhancing the EMC program performance, providing academic advising and counseling to students, participating in departmental committee work, enhancing the learning environment through assessments, instructions, applied research, scholarly activities and services that are consistent to the mission of the College.
- Provide the general leadership for the program, which results in a productive and positive work climate, enhanced intellectual vitality, and collegial relations among, faculty and staff, faculty and students.
- Develop and implement program strategic goals, objectives, and plans that are linked to college and college strategic plan.
- Deliver training in the CME unit related to EMC, and maintain quality assurance of the content delivery.
- Maintain professional external relations with the industries and lead the promotion of the program.
- Effectively participate in the Accreditation process of the program.
- Develop plans for the subjects that will be taught and select appropriate books.
- Teach the courses, organize exams, enter and review student grades.
- Improve teaching and exam methods and promote new ways of teaching.
- Supervise thesis, student research, scientific reports and social activities.
- Provide academic guidance to students and serve as an academic advisor for them.
- Conduct and publish innovative research and studies.
- Help in developing knowledge and participate in research activities.
- Participate in councils and committees; local, regional and international conferences; and any activities that promote and improve the College.
- Adhere to the research and academic duties, and work on implementing bylaws and regulations of the College.
- Devote time to performing scientific duties in the College, strive to promote the College mission and maintain a decent status in the fields of research, teaching and management.
- Engage with the community as per the College rules and regulations.
- Cooperate fully with the Head of the Department and the Dean in providing advice and proposals in all matters that will serve the best interests of the College, the students and the community.
- Provide students with academic advising during the registration period, constantly monitor their study plans and adhere to office hours.
- Maintain an up to date and accurate course portfolio.
- Participate in staff development / programs and workshops.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the direct manager, providing that it does not conflict with the nature of work.
To stay safe in your job search, information on common scams and to get free expert advice, we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organization working to combat job scams.