Facilities Engineer - MEP Maintenance | AFE | Dubai & Abu Dhabi, UAE
at Al Futtaim Group in
Job highlightsPosted on April 27, 2021
Facilities management is the integration of processes within the organisation to maintain and develop the required service standards, for the properties maintained which support and improve the effectiveness of the assets and their primary activities. The Senior Facilities Manager is involved in both strategic planning and day-to-day operations, in relation to the buildings and premises, infrastructure and the business operational requirements.
The Sr. Facilities Manager will be responsible for the strategic direction and facilities management service delivery across the portfolio. Such services range from property strategy, building, infrastructure, golf course maintenance and facilities maintenance, communications, administration and contract management for a number of outsourced engineering, maintenance employees and Energy Management Solutions. The Sr. Facilities Manager will have to demonstrate excellent leadership qualities and be able to handle multiple and often conflicting priorities. The Sr. FM also has to develop and maintain standard operating procedures, emergency response plans, preventive and predictive maintenance programmes and all technical documentation.
- Assess the current conditions of MEP and A/C systems and other essential FM equipment in addition to soft services management within the portfolio.
- Ensure that all the equipment and other facilities are working correctly.
- Maintaining the efficiency and good working conditions of the facilities.
- Planning for future development in line with strategic business objectives.
- Managing and leading change to ensure minimum disruption to facilities and core activities
- Ensure the buildings and facilities meet health and safety requirements.
- Responding appropriately to emergencies or urgent issues from any of the premises as they arise.
- Attending to tenant complaints with regards to facilities management with a quick response time.
- Develop staff development programs such as skills enhancement trainings and sessions.
- Evaluate the work quality of his staff and other subordinates.
- Coordinate with other offices and units for things that are not within the scope of the facilities service team.
- Coordinate with the senior management on work issues.
- Project management, supervising and coordinating contractors and service providers.
- Liaising with tenants to achieve excellence in customer satisfaction.
- Coordinating and leading one or more teams to cover various areas of responsibility.
- Using performance management techniques to monitor and demonstrate achievement of agreed service levels and to lead on improvement.
- Checking that agreed work by staff / contractors has been completed satisfactorily & signed off.
- Participate in the development of policies and procedures that affect the use of supplies and facilities.
- Initiate interventions to solve problems in the facilities.
- Ensure the safety of the building or establishment from fire, flood and other hazards.
- Initiate an active campaign on safety measures in the buildings and facilities.
- Directing and planning essential central services such as security, maintenance, cleaning, and waste disposal.
- Participate in preparing the budget so that the facilities maintenance team will have adequate funds for its operation.
- Manage the service in accordance with the SLA and KPI to ensure satisfaction to all customers.
- Prepare pertinent records and reports for the safety service division of the institution.
- Maintain accurate records of the condition of the equipment and other systems of all the buildings.
- Create a schedule of regular evaluation of the facilities.
- Create monitoring systems or programs in the institution to detect problems as early as possible.
- Ensure the team is engaged and able to fully utilize the operating systems eg CAFM
Comply with and use of organisational procedures and policies governing FM procurement strictly accordance with the DOA limits.
To stay safe in your job search, information on common scams and to get free expert advice, we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organization working to combat job scams.