Marketing Manager - GCC | IKEA | Service Office, Dubai
at Al Futtaim Group in
Job highlightsPosted on April 26, 2021
About the Role
You strategically lead the marketing of IKEA to help transform the company into a leading omni-channel retailer. You have overall responsibility and accountability to build the brand using external communication channels, help position IKEA as a market leader, help acquire the biggest market share and make IKEA the natural first choice for consumers for home furnishing. You support the business in existing markets and help the development of the business in new markets. You lead the customer engagement - loyalty agenda to insure the success transformation.
Key Specific Accountabilities:
- Manage the brand to ensure that the IKEA Brand identity, Brand values and key benefits are communicated properly and contribute to fulfilling the IKEA concept & Brand objectives, in all digital and traditional channels and all our markets
- Using traditional and digital tools and channels to ensure awareness of the IKEA Brand; understand the IKEA concept; impression of the IKEA range & IKEA personality; Position of the IKEA Brand; preference of the IKEA Brand.
- Liaise and maintain good relation with the “principle” (Inter IKEA Systems BV) on marketing and communication related projects and matters at the same time ensuring the company’s own “local” business objectives are met.
- Using all external channels to ensure top of mind awareness of the IKEA brand.
- Ensure the alignment of internal and external
- Contribute to the yearly business plan.
- Create and implement the IKEA 3 years marketing strategy to achieve the brand objectives as well as the IKEA business plan.
- Contribute to the creation of IKEA long term business and yearly plan
- Contribute to creating the business calendar for the yearly activities
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of the home furnishing market (competitors, digital and marketing communication trends, how people live) in order to promote and develop the IKEA identity.
- Plan all marketing communication projects and campaigns, oversee the execution of all these plans to make sure they meet the deadline for all existing and new markets.
- Guide the marketing communication team to create digital, external and PR – Campaign yearly strategies
- Lead the marketing team to prepare and implement the new stores opening campaigns, based TTP and business strategies.
- Develop a Consumer and Customer Engagement approach/strategy and plan that covers mass communication across paid/owned/ earned channels, digital/social engagement, personalised and one to one engagement solutions as well as media and loyalty performance tools, in cooperation and integrated with key stakeholders.
- Work with all the business functions and lead the marketing team to ensure the successful planning and execution of business calendar activities together with the Communication Manager
- Media management on macro and micro level to create a comprehensive media plans for all activities
- Work and manage creative, media and all other agencies to create effective external marketing communications that fulfil the business and marketing objectives of the business
- Work with GM marketing and communication and comm&in to ensure the synergy of all communication externally and in-store
- Lead the marketing team and local store marketing managers to keep the brand on trend and following communication best practices.
CRM – Loyalty Management
- Drive the design, execution and improvement of Consumer and Customer Engagement frameworks and plans, covering all the media processes of paid, owned, and earned media (including Commercial PR, influencer marketing and social media integration).
- Build an innovative, customer centric loyalty approach and loyalty management schemes including the development of IKEA’s Member Clubs (IKEA FAMILY and IKEA Business) to increase customer life time value and the emotional connection with IKEA Brand, in line with Global Frameworks and guidelines.
- Overall coordination and alignment of Consumer and Customer Engagement activities with the Communication team, Matrix counterparts in the stores and the Web team
Digital and Omni-channel
- Work with digital and website team to develop a comprehensive digital strategy for in and out of store
- Ensure the brand full exposure on search engines, social media and in all different external digital touchpoints
- Work with all internal and external stakeholders to build the brand omni—channel experience to redefine IKEA customer and shopping experience
- Create a digital engaging platforms to drive brand engagement and loyalty
- Ensure that the IKEA brand is always staying on trend, and ensure the constant knowledge update of all internal stakeholders
- Promote and support the online shopping sales and help create the online shopping yearly strategy
- Work with the web team to ensure that the IKEA website and apps are always updated with global and local priorities
- Work with the digital marketing specialist to ensure the best use of social media for brand engagement and loyalty
- Work with PR and external communications specialist to promote IKEA sustainability and CSR agenda
- Create a yearly PR strategy to full IKEA brand objectives
- Use PR to support all business calendar activities
- Create talk of the town activations to keep IKEA at top of mind
- Utilize PR channel to create word of mouth and earned media value
- Work to create long term relationships between the brand and journalists and bloggers in all markets
People and Development
- Ensure clear career growth and comprehensive development plans to all marketing communication teams and store marketing mangers
- Grow the competency of the team and ensure that more of the internal vacancies are filled internally
- Ensure team engagement and well being
- Act as the ambassador of change to omni-channel environment for all internal stakeholders
- Ensure the best practices are followed when hiring new recruits, which should fit with the team needs and business requirements
- Matrix partner to the store, support and coach the store IKEA
- Family manager/Local Marketing Manager in the area of competence and succession (i.e. store reviews, recruitment and training).
Budgetting & Finance Return on Investment
- Prepare and control the annual marketing budget for all markets so all activities planned are carried out and goals are achieved
- Measure the success of communications through analysis of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and research studies (eg. Brand capital results, customer satisfaction index, visitor performance and sales)
- Prepare and control all preopening marketing budgets for all new markets and new stores.
To stay safe in your job search, information on common scams and to get free expert advice, we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organization working to combat job scams.