Contract Sales Executive | IKEA | YAS Island, Abu Dhabi
at Al Futtaim Group in
Job highlightsPosted on April 26, 2021
About the Role
You are responsible to effectively promote the IKEA concept and use it as a tool to promote and secure the sale of IKEA products to corporate business customers through telephone calls, personal contacts, referrals and calling on companies towards the achievements of established contract sales targets.
Key Specific Accountabilities:
- Finalize and consolidate the annual sales and profit targets (based on last year’s performance) and submit to the Contract Sales Manager to provide realistic guidelines in order to be able to achieve a feasible contract sales contribution to the total store sales turnover (relevant to store allocation).
- Prepare weekly and monthly contract sales statistics (Actual sales; Budgeted Sales; Last Year’s Sales; Overview of ongoing & new projects) to be able to identify variances and based on that to establish corrective actions if needed with the guidance of the Contract Sales Manager.
- Uphold complete and up to date knowledge of IKEA products and concept to be able to provide corporate business customers with state of the art solutions and alternatives, which will contribute to closing a deal.
- Solve customer problems during the assembly process and follow up 2 days after installation to guarantee that the order has been finalized to the customer’s utmost satisfaction and at the same time to establish goodwill for future business.
- Follow up with the Contract Sales Executives and make sure that the delivery and assembly process is going smooth and as per the customers' requirements.
- Continually assess the market & competition in terms of style, furnishings and prices to maximize market impact and penetration towards the achievement of sales and profit objectives.
- Consolidate all the necessary information related to competitors' activities and submit a competitor analysis report on a quarterly basis.
- Actively source new customers within the market.
People Management and Development
- Assist in the product knowledge training for the Contract Sales Executives.
- Make sure that the after sales service (eg. warranty issues, manufacturing defects, exchange items, etc) is provided to our clients by the Contract Sales Executives to maintain excellent relationships and reliable service.
- Supervise the ordering of goods initiated by the Contract Sales Executives and closely monitor shipping schedules with the Range Department, so as to meet delivery commitments and fulfill customers’ requirements.
- Meet with the Range Department on a monthly basis to discuss stocks situation and share related information with the contract Sales Executives to enhance the sales of certain products.
- Follow up with the Contract Sales Executives on customers' inquiries and make sure that quotations are submitted within the set deadlines.
- Prepare and oversee the quotations done by the Contract Sales Executives and present them to the clients as per pre-defined requirements to ensure excellent customer satisfaction and repeat business. In conjunction with that to efficiently follow up within standardized time frames (as per IKEA policy), and to negotiate terms & conditions of payments as to safeguard & materialize a closed sales deal (as per IKEA policy).
To stay safe in your job search, information on common scams and to get free expert advice, we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organization working to combat job scams.