HSE & Logistics Manager
at Parsons International Limited in
Abu Dhabi, UAE
Job highlightsPosted on April 22, 2021
Parsons International Limited
HSE & Logistics Manager
Abu Dhabi, UAE
This project involves PMC services for design management and construction supervision of several infrastructure packages within Saadiyat Island and Sir Bani Yas Island. The HSE and Logistics Team will provide operational support and management working directly with Parsons construction supervision team and other Consultants construction supervision teams to oversee 24-hour operational support and management.
• Works closely with the Head of IMS to ensure the IMS is integrated, effective, and that all relevant issues and concerns are well communicated and resolved expediently.
• Responsible for ensuring appropriate coverage of HSE for all packages and throughout the site.
• Continually reviews and evolves the IMS aligning to local, regional and international regulation and best practice.
• Primarily responsible for ensuring certification / accreditation audits are completed successfully with the minimum of observations and non-conformance.
• Assists senior management and client as needed in any aspect related to HSE audits, reviews and development / improvement of process.
• Responsible for completing audits, and audit reports and identifying and dealing with non-conformance and Safety Violation Notices (SVNs) relative to said audits.
• Ensures effective and timely communication of all incidents, accidents, and near-miss situations.
• Responsible for the continual development and improvement of business systems, promoting the principles of HSE and ensuring that procedures, guidance and standard forms are readily accessible, understood and used by all staff as required.
• Conducts regular HSE audits to a defined, agreed and published schedule, resulting in value added audit reports identifying nonconformance, safety violations, opportunities for improvement, ensuring that follow up actions are completed in a timely manner.
• Produces training material, arranging and delivering internal training for staff in all regions.
• Assists and supports staff in relation to HSE issues including business systems, HSE management, and best practice.
• Ensures there is a regular forum for HSE with representatives from all business areas to ensure communication, coordination, and consistency in all active HSE matters / projects.
• Leads and manages the team to review and provide comments on the HSE & logistics plan for each package; this will include carrying out the required audit plans.
• Ensures around the clock management for construction operations for several packages are being implemented.
• Provides first point of contact for any incidents within the project site and ensure procedures are followed.
• Assumes the following co-ordination roles for fire, public protection, first aid and access/egress control.
• Ensures that the Environmental Plan is implemented for each package; this will include carrying out the required audit plans.
• Ensures that day-to-day management of the Contractors whilst operating within these areas, including Site Support Services Management, Temporary Services, Satellite Welfare Facilities, Waste Management etc.
• Ensures compliance with Authority to Proceed permits and Laydown Area Access Requests.
• Manages team to monitor the free movement of traffic on the Temporary Site Roads and the maintenance of same.
• Liaises with the Project Teams to ensure smooth operations between boundaries.
• Liaises with the Security Team to ensure the day-to-day Security Functions are supported and provided for.
• Provides first line support to the Contractors and other Stakeholders on any issues within the site.
• Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
To stay safe in your job search, information on common scams and to get free expert advice, we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organization working to combat job scams.