QA/QC Engineer (Architect)
at Amana in
Job highlightsPosted on March 8, 2021
To establish, develop a well-structured quality system to improve the efficiency among the project team to achieve higher quality standards and client satisfaction; To define, document, and publicizes Amana Quality Policy so that it is understood and well-practiced at all levels of the company and establish and encourage a quality oriented culture at site.
- Studies contract documents and project specifications related to quality, coordinates the preparation of the project quality plan and follows up with external stakeholders to obtain their approvals.
- Prepares the project’s quality management system documents such as; method statements, ITP’s (inspection and testing plans) etc., and reviews the material and technical submittals to ensure their compliance with the contract’s requirements and best practices, and follows up with the consultant/client to obtain their approvals.
- Participates in conducting quality control inspections on site activities, workmanship and materials received on site to ensure their compliance with the contract requirements.
- Audits and inspects subcontractor’s materials, plant and works that are being executed, fabricated or manufactured at site or out of the site.
- Controls all non-conformances reports (NCR) and ensures corrective actions are taken, root causes are analyzed, and preventive actions are well placed and communicated.
- Issues corrective preventive action requests (CPAR) to all (NCR) and ensures closure.
- Develops and maintains the QA logs/trackers on site and maintains the calibration register.
- Ensures the inspection of quality samples/ mock-ups are carried out in line with the project requirements. Keeps proper traceability of these benchmarks for future reference.
- Attends project quality meetings and conducts the same with the, subcontractors and construction team to ensure quality considerations are well integrated into the work plans.
- Visits laboratories to ensure proper testing and inspection for materials and assures that all the measuring tools, testing devices are suitable for use and calibrated in a timely manner.
- Supports in conducting site related audits, both internally and externally.
- Prepares weekly / monthly reports related to QA/QC.
- Maintains archives for quality testing and inspection records such as; concrete pouring, cubes testing, curing, inspection requests, calibration certificates, lab test reports, etc.
- Ensures that all project records are identifiable, retrievable and secured against deterioration or loss, and provides help and guidance to site document control team.
- Provides the Project’s team and contractor’s personnel; with regular technical quality trainings and special quality awareness sessions as per the project requirements and needs.
- Carries out the snagging inspections towards the project finishing phase and follows-up for the close out of the same.
- Prepares project handover documentation/ deliverables under guidance and supervision from QA/QC manager.
- Assists in the training and development of team members.
Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Management.
To stay safe in your job search, information on common scams and to get free expert advice, we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organization working to combat job scams.