Software Project Manager - Airports
at Honeywell in
Job highlightsPosted on March 16, 2021
Deliver business value through Right and Fast partnership
The future is what we make it.
- When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that make the future.
- That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings smart and safe and even making it possible to breathe on Mars.
- Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why all of our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
- We lead with software and innovation.
- Whether we’re turning mustard seeds into fuel, creating quantum algorithms or making taxis fly, our software engineering team is home to the world’s leading technological talent.
- We want software engineers who not only have a solid foundation in coding, development, designing, testing and even hacking, but who also have a passion for empowering the world and making it a better place for everyone – today and tomorrow.
Where Do You Fit In?
- We are currently seeking a motivated and passionate individual to join our team in the role of Software Project Manager - Airports. In this role, you will be responsible for the project by contributing to the project and engineering delivery including technical success of their assigned projects. This requires defining the detailed project scope requirements through review of technical documentation and coordination with internal and external project stakeholders, developing and documenting the design and validating this with the project stakeholders, coordinating work packages for local and remote project team members and assisting with an integrated commissioning process. Additionally, they ensure that engineering deliverables are cost effective by using low cost remote engineering services and driving local productivity and processes compliance to: standardization, process improvement, training, adoption and utilization of standard tools and initiatives. They are to contribute to engineering advancement by pursuing continued professional development and adoption of new initiatives within the engineering business. A project based role with requirement to be mobile / travel as required.
What Will You Be Doing Every Single Day?
- Responsible for the overall execution of the systems design, engineering, implementation, commissioning and documentation of a project
- Assessment of customer site for installation and design requirements for incorporation into the project design documents as well as coordinating these requirements with the installation subcontractor
- Review incoming project documentation for impact to the Project Scope and Works Schedule and respond to these in coordination with the Project Manager
- Prepare and approve design submittals and documentation as per stakeholder requirements (Specifications, Requirements, Technical Designs, Reliability, Safety and Test Plans/Reports, as well as Verification and Validation documents)., ensuring commitment dates are met. Work with the project stakeholders to ensure timely submittal approvals are received
- Prepare work packages for team members (local and remote), coordinate engagement of resources, direct and monitor progress of completion of work packages, manage quality of deliverables so that the outputs meet the project requirements
- Ensure competent resources are assigned for the project tasks and effectively utilise off shore and remote engineering resources to reduce the local reliance on performing repetitive and non-value adding tasks
- Resolve project issues arising through all project phases from initial design through approval, implementation, deployment, commissioning and acceptance.
- Define a Works Schedule for the engineering tasks of the project with the Project Manager and drive the engineering team for completed outputs as per the Works Schedule
- Identify skill-gaps and actively seek appropriate training and peer to peer learning for yourself
- Plan and execute the day to day engineering activities
- Configure software, perform ‘bench testing’ if required and deliver commissioning package to field. Assist delivery in startup as required
- Use Quality Assurance procedures and ensure defect-free hardware and software to field delivery team
- Assist for commissioning start-up and checkout of systems on-site as well as project management
- Work with Commissioning Manager during the commissioning phase of the project, and participate personally in the onsite commissioning
- Provide technical support to Honeywell field technicians as well as project stakeholders
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of Honeywell installed products and their applications
- Design and configuration of airport/Airside, CNS/ATM systems, extensive knowledge of software delivery, agile project management.
- This includes, but limited to, the system design, site implementation plan, head end server configuration and design documentation. Technical consulting, design and implementation support to the business and customers.
- Assisting with Sales involving innovative use of latest technology in establishing system design and providing project estimates
- Maintain customer satisfaction at target levels and promptly resolve customer issues
- Consistent delivery of exceptional service support solutions and innovation to customers at lower cost to serve
- Ensure the design solution has been value engineered to meet the project requirements with the lowest cost of delivery
- Assist supply chain with necessary negotiations on products and alternative suppliers for lower cost opportunity
- Identification and early escalation of risks at the right time to minimise negative deviation or customer dissatisfaction
- Deploy standard methodologies/templates/documentation in the delivery and control of engineering and commissioning of projects
- Complete the required engineering tasks in accordance with the Honeywell Engineering Methodology and Customer requirements
- Assist Sales involving innovative use of latest technology in establishing system design and providing project estimates
- Carry out and ensure monthly engineering reviews are taking place on your project and in consultation with your Project Manager and District Engineering Leader
- Perform quality control and management of GES remote engineering
- Effective use of Project Vision (engineering elements)
- Manage effective communications with all project stakeholders
- Report to Project Manager on project progress and relevant issues on a regular basis
- Provide technical direction to project team members (local and remote) and subcontractors
- Actively participate in project reviews with customers, internal resources and other key stakeholders as required.
- Adhere to the high standards of Health and Safety management required by Honeywell and our customers
- Ensure fire and building industry codes and standards are upheld
To stay safe in your job search, information on common scams and to get free expert advice, we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organization working to combat job scams.