FM Estimation Manager | AFE | Dubai UAE
at Al Futtaim Group in
Job highlightsPosted on April 18, 2021
Sr. Bid Manager is responsible to lead excellence in winning various jobs in relations to FM while work on improve diversification, customer base. The job holder is also responsible for directing company-wide estimating & tendering and all associated activities related to tender preparation and submittal.
The job holder is expected to be expert in preparing costs estimation with the objective of reducing costs and maximizing Al Futtaim Engineering FM Sales gross margins. Managing deviance from the actual and targets set during the periodic P&L review meetings while assisting in compiling of tenders.
- Full accountability of profitable submission/ proposals to the relevant stakeholders’
- Optimize management of resources to maintain productiveness and effectiveness in all possible aspects in order to reach cost efficiency during tenders’ preparation.
- Comparison Studies based on suppliers Quotations.
- Establish and implement “best practices” and focuses on continuous improvement.
- Evaluate tender documents from a technical point of view in order to identify risk factors, ensuring that technical terms comply with the relevant standards for the overall risk assessment and bid decision Managing and prioritizing workload of daily operations
- Based on Clients budget constraints for any specific project, carrying out value engineering studies.
Administration & Quality Management
- Review and finalizes cost estimates proposal with the relevant team in terms of the required material as per bill of quantities, amount of work, material/ equipment/ and manpower requirements during the tendering phase.
- Finalize estimation of all direct and indirect FM projects costs and consolidates tender documents for management review and approval.
- Developing case studies, client profiles analysis and other evaluates related to subcontractor and vendor proposals
- Supporting documentation that showcases AFE FM capability.
- Ensure historical data is documented and archived on each quoted project.
- Maintain databases of standard material costs and various market pricing models.
- Generate weekly tender status reports highlighting progress on concerned tenders.
- Prepare and generates monthly progress reports highlighting tender wins/ losses (indicating reasons) for review and verification of management.
- Proactively manage the renewal of all existing contracts.
Communication and Stakeholders Management
- Proactive Participation in pre-bid meetings and corporate/client presentation meetings as required.
- Provide all the necessary project clarifications/ information upon project award to the Project Manager as per the project budget; advise the Project Manager on contractual rights, remedies which has been taken into consideration during tendering.
- Build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Provide all necessary documentation during prequalification stages.
- Negotiating with suppliers on both technical and commercial aspects of products.
- Negotiating tender and contract terms and conditions to meet both client and company needs.
- Negotiate potential contract adaptations or extensions when needed.
- Negotiates and finalises contract terms in line with prevailing Budgets, Delegation of Authority (DOA) and any other conditions required by the business.
Sales / Estimation Targets
- Achieve sales / Estimation targets set by the management.
- Generate business opportunities and RFP’s through customer contact to meet company’s business plans and growth strategies.
- Track and report current status of potential projects, markets, Customer news, and developments.
- Lead the development and preparation of RFP’s, Pre-Qualification, formal presentations.
- Assess the targeted quality of business coming in; refocusing efforts if off track.
- Develop staff development programs such as skills enhancement trainings and job-related training sessions to ensure competent work output.
- Coordinate with estimating & planning engineers to resolve design/system conflicts as well as coordinates overall scope of work during proposal phase.
- Manage and monitors the performance of direct report and provides guidance as and when required.
- Assign estimating work, coach, mentor and provide technical support to the estimating team.
- Proven leadership qualities to create a strong sense of strategic direction and common interest
- Highly organised, proactive, and self-motivated person who can efficiently and effectively manage a wide range of tasks and objectives.
- Develop and maintain positive and productive relationships with stakeholders
- Excellent personal communication skills and the ability to develop relationships at all levels.
- Effective player who actively portrays a positive attitude within the workplace.
- Al Futtaim Engineering is a multi-disciplinary engineering company in the UAE, Qatar and lower Gulf Region. Facilities Management division is specialized in providing the facilities maintenance to its customers.
- Job holder plays a key role to meet and enhance the customer requirement in line with the company’s policy and objective and plays a key role in work winning activities.
- Concern for the quality of one’s work, other workers and the organisation as whole.
To stay safe in your job search, information on common scams and to get free expert advice, we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organization working to combat job scams.