at Snaphunt in
Job highlightsPosted on April 15, 2021
Snaphunt is Asia's fastest-growing remote hiring platform helping people find jobs and companies hire talent quickly and accurately - across geographies.
We are backed by top venture capitalists and cater to employers across the globe. We operate via a fully remote team and are looking to hire ambitious, independent problem solvers across multiple functions to support our business growth.
We are currently hiring a Data Engineer to join our engineering team and use various methods to transform raw data into clean data sets that can be manipulated to generate valuable hiring outcomes.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Working with stakeholders to understand needs in order with respect to data structure, availability, scalability and accessibility.
- Supporting translation of business data needs into technical system requirements
- Building tools to reduce occurrences of errors and improve customer experience.
- Designing procedures for system troubleshooting and maintenance.
- Developing high-quality code to build and deploy machine learning models.
- Developing scripts to process structured and unstructured data.
- Extraction, transformation, loading and integration of data from various sources.
- Designing, developing, testing and deploying back end software systems and architectures, such as robust data-processing pipelines.
- Investigating and resolving technical issues by deploying updates/ fixes.
- Recommending, developing and implementing ways to improve data reliability, efficiency and quality.
- You possess a degree in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Engineering or related field.
- You have at least 5 years experience within a Data Engineer role. Experience within high growth startups would be a strong plus.
- Demonstrated experience working with large and complex data sets as well as experience analyzing volumes of data.
- You possess strong knowledge of Scala & SQL
- Expertise in Extraction, Transformation & Load (ETL) would be highly valuable.
- You possess strong analytical skills and are comfortable dealing with numerical data
- You pay strong attention to detail and deliver work that is of a high standard
- You are a strong team player and an independent problem solver who can work successfully within remote teams.
What's on Offer?
- Join a rapidly growing startup enabling the future of work
- Support the team in building & refining its cutting edge algorithms that make job searches easy & convenient
- Be part of an international, fully remote team
To stay safe in your job search, information on common scams and to get free expert advice, we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organization working to combat job scams.