Sr Manager Product & Market Insights | Automotive | Dubai
at Al Futtaim Group in
Job highlightsPosted on October 15, 2020
- Responsible for transforming the current reporting system into relevant, efficient, accurate data led insight. Driving and evolving insightful market, competitor, economic reporting demonstrating significant depth of knowledge and increasing the quality of information
- Provide regular market intelligence on Price positioning & Competitiveness (Visual/Value adjusted & Transaction) through a standardized process and methodology for all Al-Futtaim automotive brands in UAE (later add International). Data is used by the Brands to optimize revenue through optimal price positioning and efficient deployment of incentives (tactical).
- Leading the research and analysis of the AFA operating geographies Vehicle market to deliver accurate forecasting by Channel and Segment in the short/medium/long term – identifying risks and opportunities for AFA.
- Manage and challenge the Brands sales planning objectives and actions through production of group vehicle reporting.
- Provide thought leadership to all stakeholders on emerging topics such as e-mobility, SUV evolution, autonomous driving, CAFÉ and the resulting risks and opportunities to the Group.
- Drive and evolve insightful market / competitor / economic reporting, demonstrating significant depth of knowledge and increasing the quality of information. Delivered on a Group wide basis, aligned to Strategy 2023 objectives. Facilitating value-add discussions across the Group based on these insights
- Own the AFA relationship with specialist consultancy firms covering multiple contracts (within a limited budget) to support the delivery of Market and Economic advice and forecasts – including the tendering for these contracts
- Devise and develop enhanced analytics applications, to deliver both market insights and optimized reporting within the team/division
- Operate as a Business Consultant - Leading, motivating and coaching the team to develop a high-performance culture - driving the analytical and professional skills of the team to deliver optimum solutions for our stakeholders.
- Provide the brands with business insight supported by the design, development and maintenance of management reporting
- Establish and implement centre of excellence for Vehicle Price Positioning and Transaction price monitoring to facilitate optimization of Revenue & profit by the Brand teams across Al Futtaim automotive division.
- Determine Standardized Methodology of monitoring (key competitor(s), core model, basket, value table mgt, MI source and provider) and implement Standardised Reporting.
The above will be delivered through the following key activities:
- Standardize Method – propose and agree what is tracked based on available market- and internal data sources. (MSRP VI and VA, transaction price, which competitor (one and/or basket), all grades or “best looking grade” etc)
- Identify, appoint & manage supplier for market research and methodology (eg Jato). This should potentially include services/expertise provided
- Issue Quarterly Pricing report including recommendation for the Brands (product marketing team). Monitor impact in cooperation with controlling.
- Issue Monthly Transaction Price tracker to support Brands to optimize Sales programs
- Regular Monitoring of Automotive Inflation rate
- Support Annual Business Plan Cycle with recommendation for price positioning based on research
To stay safe in your job search, information on common scams and to get free expert advice, we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organization working to combat job scams.