Store IT Coordinator | IKEA | Jebel Ali
at Al Futtaim Group in
Job highlightsPosted on October 6, 2020
You are responsible to ensure all IT solutions and interfaces within IKEA systems, are effectively managed to support the IKEA retail business according to the IKEA standards. You will ensure a 24x7 structured and effective support mechanism is established to adequately support the IKEA retail stores within UAE, Qatar and Egypt.
Key Specific Accountabilities
Support the IT Strategy
- Support the implementation of the short and long-term strategy and individual strategies for my store that strongly supports the Inter-IKEA and brand long term strategy and business plan.
- Coordinate with Regional Coordinator on network and application related interfaces to support PTAG Plus (price communication tool), tool box, IKEA sites, online training, home planning tool (IHP2) and IXP interfaces
IT (Multi Channel)
- Support the MV-MS Navision – the IKEA IT infrastructure – on a day to day basis ensuring all departments and functionality is utilised to the full – being ‘first-hand’ on the ground support
- Implement necessary upgrades (Service Packs and Hot Fix as per of IKEA Master Version) as appropriate with no impact to the day to day business operations.
- Understand the requests from the relevant business functions and provide the relevant and up to date Business Information to support retail operations
- Support the in-store IKEA IT Tools - FINDIT, HUTI, iComplete, PTAG Plus, IHP2, IXP agreements, Supply Chain integration (CPC), ICSS tablets (on-line survey), Toolbox- BI, Qlickview BI
- Database maintenance - Developing, implementing, and overseeing database policies and procedures to ensure the integrity and availability of databases and their accompanying software
- Provide the support with various business processes with regard to Logistics & warehousing, POS, Inventory, Finance, Sales, Exchange & Refunds, Store KPIs, Food & Beverages, Customer feedback system. Also support and manage various interfaces - Security systems, Telecommunication system, CCTV interface, Customer counting system, Electronic Funds Transfers (EFT).
- Provide technical support of database operations, security administration, space management and server installation. To control user access to the various application database environment to ensure database security, integrity, accuracy and reliability.
- Support the IT project Manager in all aspect of implementation of projects into the new stores and operating business – Logistics & Sales Integration testing of Master Version, Training & implementing the IT tools.
- Process documentation and training in line with the standard working methods and routines recommended by IKEA.
- Liaise with the Audit team and implement controls in terms of Cash POS, Exchange & Refund as to prevent any fraudulent transactions.
- Adhere to the Regional IT strategies and standards to ensure the IT tools and processes are uniform across different territories.
- Support the Retail Website interface with IXP to ensure regular range, stocks, price and location updates on the site.
Budgeting & Cost Consciousness
- Work within the annual IT budget for my store
- Work to ensure to the enhancement and sustainability of the IT architecture for a multi store & multi border environment in line with future expansion as well as existing store operations
- Utilise our external service providers to meet the business needs by forecasting of all IT related requirements ensuring cost effectiveness
Business Support & Contingency
- Establish a professional relationship between IT delivery organisation and the user organisations, including local IT in the governance model
- Provide 24 hr assistance when required for the retail & logistics support functions which includes managing user calls, troubleshooting, managing crisis situations which may involve complex hardware or software problems. Also oversee all helpdesk activities at the regional level, interacts with functional managers and give response in a timely manner
- Backup & Recovery: Safeguard the databases by controlling the security and backup processes
- Identifying IT solutions to cross border ways of working and complexities.
- Provide training for managers and co-workers as appropriate on the correct working methods and business processes
To stay safe in your job search, information on common scams and to get free expert advice, we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organization working to combat job scams.