Inventory Coordinator (Programme Coordinator)
at Rapid Access in
Job highlightsPosted on October 4, 2020
Under the direction of Fulfilment Manager, the main responsibility of the Inventory Coordinator (Programme Coordinator) is to provide leadership in managing, monitoring, and reporting on our company’s inventory levels.
This role will be responsible for strategically developing inventory tracking systems, reviewing levels of supplies, ordering new materials, and performing a daily analysis.
The Inventory Coordinator (Programme Coordinator) will work towards the development of a centralised stock system and aim to increase productivity.
- Develop ideas for improvement to the system and working with the developers to implement agreed changes
- Maximising the effective use of the existing stock and inventory system
- Facilitate the movement away from manual stock valuation by performing monthly trials alongside the Finance Department to validate the accuracy of the system generated valuation report.
- Examine the levels of supplies and raw material to determine shortages.
- Development of high-level documentation process of daily deliveries and shipments to update inventory.
- Creation, management, and cleansing of Inventory Master Items in the system.
- Prepare detailed reports on inventory operations, stock levels, and adjustments.
- Monitoring and valuation of inter-depot stock transfers.
- Evaluate new inventory to ensure they are consistent with company standard.
- Perform daily analysis to predict potential inventory problems.
- Manage the ordering of new supplies to avoid inefficiencies or excessive surplus.
- Analyse different suppliers to obtain the best cost-effective deals.
- Train employees on the inventory tracking system and documentation process.
- Oversee receiving, identifying and verifying a variety of heavy machinery parts.
- Establish standards and methods for packaging and storing inventory.
- Managing and ensuring that inventories are kept in good condition and are repaired or replaced.
- Manage the controls of the distribution of supplies and material through inventory control cards and automated systems.
- Analysis of high value consumables like oils and greases, decals, and others.
- Work closely with the finance department when monitoring and purchasing inventory required and preparing the report required.
- Oversee weekly cycle counts, quarterly inventory, mid and year-end inventory.
- Centralise the authorisation of Purchase Orders for the Middle East.
- Expand on the stock replenishment infrastructure of stocks held.
- Reduce delivery lead times and aim at increasing productivity.
- Manage all parts warranty and return claims within the required time frames to receive maximum credit.
- Oversee spares parts consumption across the region and report weekly and monthly on consumption versus budges and targets.
- Establish and maintain a system for aging of spare parts, with the aim of reducing the ageing of spare parts across the region.
- Ensure the right mix of stock in each region is achieved by performing continuous parts movement and fleet mix analysis as well as ABC categorisation of parts held.
- Reduce the stock balance held on the balance sheet by identifying obsolete/redundant stock held in all depots, explore opportunities to recover the cost of obsolete/redundant stock identified and redistribution of parts based on usage.
To stay safe in your job search, information on common scams and to get free expert advice, we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organization working to combat job scams.