SMART CITIES DIRECTOR AND PRACTICE LEAD
at Parsons International Limited in
Job highlightsPosted on October 1, 2020
Founded in 1944, Parsons Corporation — a digitally enabled solutions provider — is focused on the defense, intelligence, and critical infrastructure markets.
We are uniquely qualified to deliver cyber/converged security, technology-based intellectual property, and other innovative services to federal, regional, and local government agencies, as well as to private industrial customers worldwide.
This exciting opportunity requires a dynamic and innovative professional to lead and develop all aspects of Parson’s continued drive into Smart Cities throughout the Middle East. The candidate shall lead a team of subject matter experts and systems engineers to drive growth and deliver technically complex projects in the Smart City/Mobility ecosystem and be considered a global thought leader with a track record of diversifying and disrupting the industry
Parsons appreciate the breadth of the Smart City ecosystem with the focus areas being Smart City strategic consultancy and Smart Mobility, aligned with our core MEA market and adjacencies. Awareness of Public Realm applications and property technology shall also be required.
An extensive knowledge of Smart Mobility is essential which should be grounded with a deep understanding of ITS and Autonomous / Electric Vehicles. Appreciation of the mobility landscape is essential such as shared mobility, road user charging and Mobility as a Service applications, active and micro-mobility solutions and how different modes and disruptive mobility services fit together to form an integrated transport system.
Delivery of a full range of Smart City services including; consultancy, engineering, solution development and productization. A proven capability to deliver multiple projects is a key requisite.
Responsible to grow and maintain an external and internal Smart City ecosystem through relationship building and a strong industry presence.
- Lead a team to identify, develop and deliver Smart City opportunities throughout the MEA region with a focus on Smart Mobility.
- Drive the business development strategy for Smart City opportunities including leading the team’s input for tender responses in Smart City and related fields.
- Lead and oversee the delivery of Smart City projects across multiple industry domains which include both consultancy and solution / product deployment.
- Work with the Strategy team to identify and build relevant industry partnerships in order to support the Smart City strategy
- The MEA region is a key flywheel of the Global Parsons business and thus a major area for development of the Smart City Business, a critical aspects will be the two-way interface between MEA and the Parsons Global Smart City teams, to build capability and share knowledge and strategies.
- Establish, develop and manage both client and partner relationships throughout the MEA region and be able to demonstrate Parson’s capabilities in this domain.
- Makes regular recommendations for new technologies and product offerings through a knowledge of the Smart City technology landscape and revolution.
- Leads current and futures trends and serve as the internal and external subject matter expert for Parsons’ Smart City/Mobility offerings.
- Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
To stay safe in your job search, information on common scams and to get free expert advice, we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organization working to combat job scams.