SENIOR CIVIL INSPECTOR
at Parsons International Limited in
Abu Dhabi, UAE
SENIOR CIVIL INSPECTOR Full time at Parsons International Limited in Abu Dhabi, UAE
Job highlightsPosted on October 1, 2020
The Senior Civil Inspector is assigned to various phases of the road, infrastructure and landscaping related works with an important part in assuring the quality of work in the finished project. He will be the eyes and ears of the ARE and the RE to ensure compliance with the drawings and specification of the works. He shall be familiar with the plans, specifications, and construction methods for the phases of the work to which he has been assigned.
- Ensure that all construction works are performed in strict accordance with the plans and specifications.
- Maintain a detailed diary of the day’s work activities, issues, work approved or rejected, hours of operation, labor and equipment used, etc. and sign at the end of each day as directed by the ARE.
- Interface with the public and stake holders adjacent to the work to mitigate the construction impacts.
- Coordinate with the contractor’s foreman in charge of the work on a daily basis to advise on the proper execution of the work.
- Coordinate with the other disciplines inspectors and arrange for sampling and testing of satisfactorily completed work, and quality assurance testing of suspect materials.
- Coordinate with the Surveyors to check the line and grade of ready work and completed work for conformance with the plans and specifications.
- Report questionable methods of operation by the Contractor to the ARE or to the RE.
- Report to the ARE or RE any failure of the Contractor to perform the work as per the drawings and specifications and to provide good workmanship.
- Process the Inspection Requests and maintain records of their status.
- Maintain detailed records of work performed by the contractor in case the work is performed on a Day Works basis.
- Act positively and participate in all health and safety issues at site, as required by the Assistant Resident Engineer and the project safety representatives.
- Act in a professional way but firm in dealings with the Contractor.
To stay safe in your job search, information on common scams and to get free expert advice, we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organization working to combat job scams.
AED 606Duration: Upto 3 Months
AED 833Duration: Upto 22 Hours
SYNCHRO 4D CONSTRUCTION PLANNING Al Mihad Training CentreAED 1,800
AED 3,000Duration: Upto 35 Hours Live virtual classroom
BIM - Building Information with Revit Al Mihad Training CentreAED 4,500
AED 5,999Duration: Upto 120 Hours Live virtual classroom