Financial Controller (Contract)
at Source2Hire in
Job highlightsPosted on September 7, 2020
ACWA Power Dubai is looking for a Financial Controller (contract for 4 months). The role will directly report to the Project Company CFO.
- Responsible for the company’s financial policies and procedures, its accounting practices and procedures in both local (as applicable) and IFRS generally accepted accounting principles, internal controls and processes, the maintenance of fiscal records, the preparation of financial reports and financial analysis and the supervision over general accounting.
- Well versed and possess in-depth knowledge of IFRS and experienced in handing IFRS matters to prepare IFRS memos to address accounting treatments.
- Preparing reports for Board of Directors, Board Committees, and Shareholders.
- Managing lenders coordination and ensuring compliance with loan agreements.
- Manage timely preparation of the quarterly and annual statutory and contractual filings
- Coordinate the monthly close and consolidation of Project and Holding company entities.
- Preparing financial reports on monthly and ad hoc basis
- Timely completion of corporate requests on monthly and ad hoc basis.
- Coordinate internal and external audits.
- Responsible for periodic reporting requirements under the financing and project documents.
- Managing shareholders’ requirements under the respective agreements.
- Facilitate in budget and long term forecasts preparation.
- Treasury management (including placement/movement of funds, debt servicing, dividend payments and cash projections
- Provide accounting policy and procedure orientation for new staff.
- Overseeing accounting staff and providing mentoring for their self-development.
- Provide oversight on funding requirements and related accounting.
- Documenting and implementing the finance lessons learnt from Project Company
- Identification of value adding opportunities at Project Company on cash flow and earnings
- Review of covenant compliance checklists to prevent any Event of Default or Potential Event of Default.
- Managing the hedging and un-hedged book for the project.
- Review of monthly project performance against budgets.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops,
reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks; etc.
- Provide in-depth Controller services effectively safeguarding company assets by taking
ownership of processes and procedures.
- Ensure VAT accounting and timely submission of quarterly VAT returns and FTA
enquiries are timely resolved, hence possess UAE VAT knowledge and have been involved
in VAT submissions and have dealt with FTA.
- Hands on Experience in Oracle
To stay safe in your job search, information on common scams and to get free expert advice, we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organization working to combat job scams.