Support Engineer (L3)
at Snaphunt in
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Job highlightsPosted on August 25, 2020
- A thriving firm with year-on-year revenue growth
- Be a part of an agile, diverse team
- Excellent career development opportunities
In this role, you will be providing enterprise-level assistance to our customers through diagnosing and troubleshooting software and hardware problems as well as installing applications and programs. You will be a natural and reliable helper who enjoys assisting people with solutions to their technical problems.
You will be responsible for :
- Researching and identifying solutions to software and hardware issues
- Development escalation, bug fixing and management and performance tuning
- Diagnosing and troubleshooting technical issues, including account setup and network configuration
- Tracking computer system issues through to resolution, within agreed time limits
- Talking clients through a series of actions via phone, email or chat, until technical issue is resolved
- Deploying hotfixes and patches on client's servers
- Making system recommendations and providing excellent customer support
- Escalating unresolved issues to appropriate internal teams (e.g. software developers) and referring to internal database or external resources to provide accurate tech solutions
- Performing superior problem solving and troubleshooting skills at the System Engineer level (L3).
- Communicating technical concepts to non-technical business users and have the technical depth to also communicate effectively to other internal IS Groups
- Possessing the ability to work independently with minimal management supervision.
- Following up with clients to ensure their IT systems are fully functional after troubleshooting
- Preparing accurate and timely reports
- Building relationships with clients and communicate with customers via Help Desk
- Tracking and resolving customer questions and issues
- You have a degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or relevant field with proven work experience as a Technical Support Engineer, Desktop Support Engineer, IT Help Desk Technician or similar role.
- You have hands-on experience with Windows/Linux/Mac OS environments
- You are from a programming background
- You have a good understanding of computer systems, mobile devices and other tech products
- You have the ability to diagnose and troubleshoot basic technical issues, and provide step-by-step technical help, both written and verbal
- Additional certification in Microsoft, Linux, Cisco or similar technologies is a plus
- You have experience in software testing and testing methodology, using databases in projects (desired MS SQL, PostgreSQL), SOA (Service-Oriented Architecture) testing and using supporting tools (sniffers, Postman, Soap UI, etc).
- You have excellent problem-solving and communication skills.
- You are meticulous and deliver work of high standards
- You are result driven and can work efficiently in fast-paced environments.
Our client is an innovative and intelligent lending management software provider that has won multiple awards. Used by businesses across the globe, their easy to use platform helps businesses of all types increase financial inclusion and provide appropriate credit to their clients efficiently.
To stay safe in your job search, information on common scams and to get free expert advice, we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organization working to combat job scams.