Space Museum Manager/Curator
at OMNI INTERNATIONAL CONSULTANTS Co Ltd in
Kuwait - Al Asimah
Space Museum Manager/Curator at OMNI INTERNATIONAL CONSULTANTS Co Ltd in Al Asimah
Job highlightsPosted on May 31, 2017
Job Opportunity for Space Museum Manager/Curator - Kuwait
Job ID No 2629
Our esteemed client is working with the Royal Bureau of Kuwait to build a management and operational team for the many world-class facilities that will be part of the esteemed new Museum & Cultural Centre Development in Kuwait. With a capital cost of more than US$1 billion, this project is one of the largest cultural investments in the world today.
• in STEM field (science, technology, engineering and mathematics) or related field required; or combination of education and work experience (BA, supplemented with 2 years STEM relevant curatorial experience).
• Solid knowledge anchored in traditional and academic study in his/her field of work, but also extremely creative and excited about the potential of innovative and futuristic ways to explore our present and our past achievements in the arts and sciences.
• At least two (2) years post-graduate experience in museum or similar environment. A strong and engaging people manager who actively leads and drives the team from the front and inspires excellence • Experience of working in the Middle East.
• Solid written and spoken English.
• Spoken Arabic.
• A first class communicator with the gravitas and credibility to develop relationships with internal stakeholders
• Experience in effective and dynamic public speaking, educational programs and lectures, and creating and teaching standards-based curriculum. An appreciation of diversity, inclusion and community profiles, experience of responding to diverse and changing client and community needs.
• Competent knowledge of the ideas discussed in all our museums and a great understanding of cross-disciplinary and cross-pollination of ideas in the arts, sciences and between different cultures.
• Excellent communication skills and ability to effectively communicate, both verbally and in writing, the importance of Science and Technology achievements. Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills.
• A demonstrated passion for communicating Science and Technology historic developments and achievements to the public.
• Proven ability to work as part of a team, establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with fellow employees, volunteers and general public.
• Considerable work experience in a similar visitor-facing position within a large scale, multi venue museum complex, cultural visitor attraction or similar.