Technical Advisor (water Engineer) In The Project Sea And Brackish Water Desalination
at Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH in
Job highlightsPosted on August 10, 2020
The “Sea and Brackish Water Desalination Project” in Jordan is seeking for a “Technical Advisor - Water Engineer” - on a full-time base employment.
- Facilitate and actively contribute to the development of capacities in the field of desalination at the Ministry of Water and Irrigation (MWI) and the Water Authority of Jordan (WAJ)
- Advise the partner institutions MWI and WAJ on processes required for the planning, maintenance, cost efficient operation and regulation of desalination facilities (ESIA, licensing, contracting)
- Plan and manage all activities implemented in the project, e.g. meetings, workshops, presentations, PR material, etc.
- Contribute to the preparation of documents related to desalination (guidelines, regulatory documents, standard contracts, training courses, etc.)
- Prepare ToRs, facilitate the work of and supervise external consultants (national and international)
- Liaise with other GIZ projects and projects of other donors to create synergies
- Ensure regular monitoring and reporting of all related activities to the project and component management
- Other relevant tasks and duties as required and agreed upon with the Project Manager
About the Project:
GIZ provides services worldwide in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. With over 50 years of experience in a wide variety of areas, including economic development and employment, energy and the environment, and peace and security, the diverse expertise of our federal enterprise is in demand around the globe.
We have been working in Jordan for over 40 years, and since 2001, water has been a priority in Jordanian-German cooperation. Jordan is one of the world’s most water-scarce countries. The available water resources – especially groundwater – have been heavily over-used for years. At the same time, the pressure on water resources continues to increase due to population growth, the impact of climate change and economic development. Despite these challenges, the government of Jordan provides almost universal access for drinking water and improved sanitation.
The project Management of Water Resources (MWR), implemented by GIZ jointly with MWI, seeks to support the Ministry of Water and Irrigation, the Water Authority of Jordan and the Jordan Valley Authority in improving their governance and planning processes. It focuses on strengthening the regulatory framework, private sector participation, water resources planning and irrigation management. Component 1 of the MWR project comprises the updating of the WEAP model and the preparation of the Third National Water Masterplan (NWMP-3). The NWMP-3 will facilitate the planning of all required investments in the Water Sector over the time horizon 2020-2040. During this project phase some key elements of the NWMP-3 will be compiled together with the partner institutions and related studies will be conducted by consultants.
To stay safe in your job search, information on common scams and to get free expert advice, we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organization working to combat job scams.