at Al reem hospico company llc in
Al Ain, UAE
Biomedical Engineer Full time at Al reem hospico company llc in Al Ain, UAE
Job highlightsPosted on June 17, 2020
Main duties & responsibilities
- Develop work schedules for all staff technicians and adjust as needed to accommodate changing workloads.
- Evaluate staff productivity, efficiency, and other specific work quality performance indices.
- Provide training to biomedical technicians as appropriate.
- Supervise employees through performance evaluation counselling and training on new procedures’ and equipment usage.
- Determine service priorities and allocation of departmental staff to repair or replace equipment to ensure it is operational at all times. Elicits feedback from the served team to ensure satisfaction with work completed and provide strategic planning to continually improve biomedical engineering programs and operations
- Oversee the investigation of all equipment failures and incidents involving patient-care equipment to ensure the maintenance of a safe patient care and work environment. Evaluate, determine, and monitor action taken when recall or equipment modification notices are received from regularity agencies or manufacturers.
- Manage hospital owned equipment in accordance with the policy and regulatory requirements. Coordinate maintenance, repair, equipment evaluation and purchasing functions, special design and construction of equipment and provides technical assistance to customer departments to ensure the proper functioning of equipment and meet operational requirements.
- Recommend equipment renovation, refurbishment, replacement, or re-deployment based on equipment age, failure rate, cost of service, and overall ability to support the clinical use for which it is intended.
- Lead and/ or participate in CE system projects, including deciding on sole source service vendors, system service contracts, best practices, and policy and procedure development.
- Monitor the computerized record keeping system to track repairs, maintenance and notifications to buildings and equipment and review technical requirements of regulatory agencies to comply with requirements of regularity agencies to comply with requirements accreditation and inspection agencies.
- Participates in personnel and subordinate staff’s continuing education and training. Remains current on rules and regulations effecting biomedical engineering activities. Assist service department in meeting regularity requirements safe and effective workplace
- Coordinate with hospital support services on work functions , review problem areas , review progress of programs and activities etc.
- Serve as a member of the safety committee and maintain safe and effective workplace
- Required to perform safety testing and preventive maintenance on clinical equipment.
- Required to perform complex repairs involving extensive troubleshooting to the component level.
- Understand and comply with joint Commission and other applicable standards and regulations.
- ISO implementation of Quality Standards.
- Support all corporate HSE and ensure HSE compliance for whole company and all sites to include waste management support and control
- To comply with any instruction or measure on occupational safety and health instituted by ARH.
To stay safe in your job search, information on common scams and to get free expert advice, we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organization working to combat job scams.
Electrical Safety Awareness in the Workplace Harley OxfordAED 139
AED 944Duration: Upto 20 Hours
Learn Basics of Electricity Online Course GateAED 72
AED 811Duration: Upto 7 Hours