INFORMATION SECURITY SPECIALIST
at American University of Sharjah (AUS) in
INFORMATION SECURITY SPECIALIST Full time at American University of Sharjah (AUS) in Sharjah, UAE
Job highlightsPosted on June 16, 2020
The Information Security Specialist is responsible for supporting the Information Security team in protecting computer assets by establishing and enforcing system access controls, providing security incident response, security awareness activities and maintaining disaster preparedness.
- Support the Head of Information Security and the Information Security team in daily tasks, which includes but is not limited to, incident response, investigations, project management, assurance tasks and reporting responsibilities.
- Ensure authorized access by investigating improper access and reporting violations.
- Create concise and comprehensive reports related to security violations, including recommendations for addressing any identified control weaknesses.
- Methodically conduct system and process audits to verify compliance with adopted processes, policies and standards.
- Be an advocate of security awareness, enjoy staying on top of cyber security trends and incorporate best practices into your daily work.
- Protect systems by defining access privileges, control structures, and resources.
- Assist in the development and implementation of AUS’ IT Disaster Recovery/Business
- Continuity plan and maintain disaster recovery documentation, policies and protocols.
- Implement security improvements by assessing the current situation, evaluating trends and anticipating future requirements.
- Both within Information Security and the IT team, provide thought-matter expertise to help implement or uplift existing information security controls.
- Maintain technical knowledge by attending educational workshops and reviewing publications.
- Ensure industry standard practices are followed across various IT areas such as network security, server security, application security, end device security and forensic investigations.
- Create, maintain and enforce the university’s security documents (policies, standards, guidelines and procedures).
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of the IT security industry including awareness of new or revised security solutions, improved security processes and the development of new attacks and threat vectors.
- Select and acquire additional security solutions or enhancements to existing security solutions to improve overall enterprise security as per the university’s existing procurement processes.
- Oversee the deployment, integration and initial configuration of all new security solutions and of any enhancements to existing security solutions in accordance with standard best practices.
- Ensure the confidentiality, integrity and availability of the data residing on or transmitted to/from/through workstations, servers and other systems and in databases and other data repositories.
- Engage in ongoing communications with peers in the Systems and Networking groups as well as the various business groups to ensure enterprise wide understanding of security goals, to solicit feedback and to foster cooperation.
As a team member, you will:
- Maintain and encourage open and honest business relationships within the team and throughout AUS.
- Be a change leader as AUS continues to adapt to new and exciting ways of delivering ICT services.
- Build and utilize working relationships with internal business partners across the organization.
- Communicate in a fashion that is respectful and well understood.
- Consider health and safety as a primary concern for self and others.
- Manage a large variety of work while working to tight deadlines.
- Manage the demands of multiple stakeholders, sometimes with conflicting interests.
To stay safe in your job search, information on common scams and to get free expert advice, we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organization working to combat job scams.
Software Defined Networking - OCSA Pytriot Solutions LLPAED 1,282Duration: 16 Hours Live virtual classroom
Networking with Windows Server 2016 (MCSA) Alpha AcademyAED 48
AED 955Duration: Upto 13 Hours
Digital Marketing AstroLabs AcademyAED 3,999
AED 5,000Duration: 2 Weeks Live virtual classroom
Fintech , Blockchain & Big Data Beacon Consulting EGAED 5,509
AED 8,476Duration: 10 Hours Live virtual classroom