Project Technical Manager - Civil
at Amana in
Abu Dhabi, UAE
Job highlightsPosted on June 8, 2020
To ensure the resolution of all conflicts in the designs and drawings of the civil, steel, mechanical, electrical and plumbing disciplines (in-house and subcontractors) in a
timely, cost effective and comprehensive manner such that conflicts are identified and resolved accordingly. To assist the Design Engineer in formulating creative solutions for the design of jobs that reduce manpower requirements, cost and/or time.
- Considers creative solutions to job requirements (Design/Construction/Material) that would reduce manpower requirements, cost and time.
- Considers creative solutions to job requirements (Design/Construction/Material) that would distinguish Amana from other competitors.
- Researches the market for advanced construction technologies and creative solutions that would reduce manpower requirements, cost and time.
- Leads the Designers team (including Consultant’s Civil/MEP/Green/Electrical in design built project) and delivers the construction drawings on time.
- Leads the Project Coordinators in the project to deliver the coordinated drawings on time with high quality.
- Responsible for the full drawing development of the assigned project.
- For Design/Build contracts, coordinates the activities of the consultant, client, and AMANA to develop the compliant design as per client requirements and
obtain the approval of the authorities in the shortest possible time frame and within the Job estimate.
- Interfaces with clients, consultants, and authorities to ensure quick approval of drawings compliant with the job requirements and contract.
- Prepares drawing submittal log in line with the overall project schedule in coordination with other internal concerned team members.
- Coordinates with the Steel / MEP Estimator the delivery of drawings from the steel and cladding suppliers and MEP.
- Checks and corrects, in coordination with internal assigned team members any mistakes in the
drawings of the steel and cladding suppliers.
- Checks and approves for the compatibility of the architectural, civil, MEP, and steel/cladding drawings and designs (both in-house and third party) and ensures that any incompatibilities are solved in coordination with the relevant parties.
- Incorporates all client/consultant requirements and alterations in shop drawings.
- Ensures the timely delivery of updated “Issued for Construction” drawings as needed by other internal departments.
- Checks As Built Drawings for jobs on a timely basis and as per internal requirements.
- Interfaces with concerned authorities for any AMANA requirements (e.g. for information about plots, special buildings requirements and updates) or any other
- Performs site visits as needed to compare designs with actual site practices as well as to improve knowledge of practical building practices.
- Develops and maintains a library of standard constructible details of least cost implications.
- Assists in the completion of the End of Job Report.
- Checks and approves the compatibility of the material submissions and resolves any incompatibilities in coordination with relevant parties.
- Prepares bid packages for Procurement and assists with the technical evaluation of the proposals (as applicable).
- Responsible for the material submittal and approvals and maintains log.
- Leads the process of the authority construction submission / report to get the required clearances as applicable.
- Coordinates with Project Technical Manager - MEP and ensures that there are no discrepancies in the design / issued for construction drawings.
- Ensures constant communication with all involved project team members to identify potential problems
and formulates recommendations/solutions.
- Responsible for the training and development of direct team members.
- Assists in the training and development of other team members within the department.
Performs other duties as assigned by the Management.
To stay safe in your job search, information on common scams and to get free expert advice, we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organization working to combat job scams.