Consultant/ Specialist Psychiatrist I Healthcare I Dubai- UAE
at Al Futtaim Group in
Consultant/ Specialist Psychiatrist I Healthcare I Dubai- UAE Full time at Al Futtaim Group in Dubai, UAE
Job highlightsPosted on May 27, 2020
- Provides comprehensive Psychiatric care to patients according to current best-evidence based standards, using best judgement at all times and in accordance with Al-Futtaim Health Medical Staff by laws and rules and regulations.
- Participates equitably in the on-call roster.
- Participates in the oversight and professional developments of any junior medical staff in the departments.
- Participate in the educational activities of the medical staff as a whole.
- Conducts clinical audit in line with medical advisory committee requirements.
- Participate in review and planning activities relevant to the development of the department and of the healthcare facility.
- Participate in activities and opportunities to promote the department and Al-Futtaim Health to the general public and wider medical community of the UAE.
- Fulfils professional requirements for continuing maintenance of competency in all aspects of Psychiatry
- Carries out other assigned duties within the appropriate scope of knowledge, skills and abilities of the position.
- The post holder is responsible for providing comprehensive specialist level patient care in Psychiatry
- Liaises with patients, families, medical staff, nursing staff, other clinical staff and referring doctors.
- Demonstrate commitment to continuing medical education.
- Demonstrate ability to deliver quality patient care.
- Demonstrate ability to work in a multidisciplinary team.
- Demonstrate commitment to quality improvement for better health outcomes.
- Accountable to ensure patient safety by practicing ethical medical practices as per local regulations.
- Reach an informed diagnosis based on patients medical history, examinations and tests results.
- Prescribe and interpret lab tests to obtain more information for underlying pathologies.
- Prescribe medications or drugs and provide comprehensive instructions for administration
- Make professional, autonomous decisions in relation to presenting problems, whether self-referred or referred from another healthcare professional.
- Offer expert clinical opinions relating to Psychiatry and take independent responsibility for the clinical care of patients.
- Develop & administer healthcare management plans in consultation with patients and in line with current treatment and management protocols.
- Provide holistic care and health education.
- Admit or discharge patients to and from the caseload, ensuring referrals are made to other healthcare professionals and providers as appropriate.
- Carry out comprehensive and systematic assessments of patients and manage them based on clinical guidelines and evidence based practice.
- Work alongside and maintain good communication channels with other specialist services to optimise patient care and treatment outcomes.
- Prescribing in accordance with the practice based system, guidelines and protocols.
- Undertake all the normal duties and responsibilities associated with a Specialist
- Psychiatrist working alongside primary care providers.
To stay safe in your job search, information on common scams and to get free expert advice, we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organization working to combat job scams.