Communications And Outreach Specialist
at Safe2choose in
Communications And Outreach Specialist at Safe2choose in South Africa
Job highlightsPosted on April 28, 2017
safe2choose is a social enterprise, part of an international non-profit movement, whose mission is to provide safe and affordable abortion pills to women who want them. While operates globally, we recognize that not every woman has Internet access. In South Africa, safe2choose is piloting ways for women to interact with our services without the Internet through low-tech options like SMS. We have launched a mobile health (mHealth) campaign that refers women to the closest abortion service provider to ;
About the Position
This is a support role; the communications and outreach specialist will work closely with our local full-time staff and will be responsible for translating the following materials from English into several different local languages:
· SMS flows: our services consist most of a variety of SMS campaigns. The specialist will need to translate the existing SMS messages, which are in English, into several different local languages.
· Flyers: translate our flyers from English into local languages.
· Website: translate our website content from English into local languages.
· Other: may be responsible for translating blog posts, advertising materials, and other documents upon request.
We are looking for a multi-lingual language expert who is fluent in English and at least three local languages. Must be proficient at both the business and conversational level, in both written and verbal. This individual must also have a solid understanding of local "isms" and common phrases ( knowing how to phrase things that do not translate verbatim).
· Must already be living in South Africa.
· In the pursuit of, or already in possession of, a college degree. We will also accept applications from individuals without a degree, but who have a strong professional background in linguistics.
· Preferably has an interest in gender equality, sexual health, and reproductive rights.
· Independent access to a computer, Internet, and home-office space.
· Proven track record of language translation with examples of past work.
· Basic computer skills.
· Fluent English + at least three other local ;
· Strong writing and communication skills.
· Ability to travel nationally at 10% of ;
· Pro-choice, reliable, organized and a positive attitude.
Hours & Compensation
Candidates will be required to commit a minimum of 20 hours per week. The role will receive a monthly salary dependent on the experience level. Start date ASAP.
Please and cover letter explaining your suitability for the role to mhealth- with "Communications and Outreach Specialist" in the subject line.