Electrical Engineer ( PE/LEW )
at System Technic Engineering Pte Ltd in
Singapore - North
Electrical Engineer ( PE/LEW ) at System Technic Engineering Pte Ltd in North
Job highlightsPosted on April 10, 2017
- Experience in
- Professional background in
- Job level Experienced
Pays salary of
SGD 4,000 - SGD 5,000 /month
Fluent English is a Must
- Nationality Singapore
- Other requirements
You will be joining a well-established Electrical Engineering Company (almost a quarter of a century old) who is specialising in maintenance, servicing and testing of electrical installations, 22kV switchgears, transformers, low voltage switchboards and cables up to 22kV.
You can look forward to a challenging and empowering career with an attractive remuneration package and a wide range of personal development opportunities.
The job content is wide and varied with countless opportunities for hands-on work and management:
• Servicing and Maintenance
• Site Acceptance Tests (SAT)
• Factory Acceptance Tests (FAT)
• Licensing of Electrical Installations
• High Voltage Switching
• Trouble-shoot electrical faults and abnormal situations
• Design & Project Work and act as Qualified Person (QP), LEW for installation works (eg. Marina Bay Sands, Changi Airport T4, Changi Airport Runway 3,….)
(in areas such as Lightning Protection, HT and LT distribution network, Earthing,…)
• Manage and lead of a team of engineers, technicians and artisans to ensure works are completed as per plan and schedule, meeting quality & safety objectives.
• Manage and co-ordinate with clients on schedules, scope of works, on-site issues, etc
• Attend to call-out and emergency job request
• Prepare the incident report for completed call-out services.
• Prepare method statement and assist Professional Engineer as required.
• Other ad-hoc duties as assigned by management.
In our company, we believe an engineer should "dirty his hands" and work from the ground up. You will have 4 highly experienced in-house LEWs as mentors - a minefield of knowledge and experience (Get to know them at )
Career Progression Plan:
The experience gained on the job will put you well ahead of the pact in your running for professional recognition with the PE Board, EMA and Singapore Power:
• First Goal: Attainment of a PE Certificate
• Second Goal: Attainment of a LEW, grade 9 Licence (22 kV) allowing you to practise in the consumer market
• Third Goal: Attainment of a SP Powergrid Authorised High Voltage Testing Engineer Licence allowing you to carry out Switchgear Testing Works in SP Powergrid sub-stations
• Long term Goal: There is no shortage of opportunities to climb up the career ladder to lead and manage the company's operations and business.
Qualifications / Requirements:
• Possess Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering preferably in Power
• Those with some years' of experience in relevant field will be considered favourably.
• Possess LEW (Licenses Electrical Worker) Grade 8
• Those with Class 3 driving licence would be an added advantage
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
• Possess strong leadership quality, good planning and organizing ability.
Work Location: Beside Marymount MRT
If you feel this role describes your career aspirations then please share your latest CV to us.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.