Crew Member - Asphalt
at Boral Australia in
Crew Member - Asphalt Full time at Boral Australia in Melbourne, Australia
Job highlightsPosted on February 18, 2017
We are seeking applications from people with a "can-do" attitude! Be part of our Crews that delivers high quality asphalt and spray sealing products and contracting capabilities for large infrastructure projects, state, local government and civil construction. We offer those with the right attitude a supportive workplace to develop the skills to be part of our industry. This is an opportunity to work in a team environment within an organisation dedicated to the safety of its employees and contractors.
If you have a willingness to learn, enjoy working in a team environment, take pride in your workmanship and care for your customer, we can offer a rewarding opportunity with our teams.
• Knowledge and compliance to Dangerous Goods Act, EPA, Boral Asphalt and statutory OH&S requirements;
• Commitment to workplace safety, quality, punctuality, reliability, respect of others and to work as part of an efficient team;
• Ability to work efficiently unsupervised and to deadlines including night shifts and overtime when required;
• Experience in working within guidelines and commitment to working to production deadlines;
• Willingness to be trained in the safe operation and use of contracting plant and equipment;
• Good communication skills;
• Valid Drivers' Licence (MR or HR - highly regarded); and
• Trade qualification or equivalent will be highly regarded.
; line-height: ;">Boral is an international building and construction materials group, with its headquarters in Sydney, Australia. With more than A$ billion worth of annualised sales, Boral has around 12,000 full-time equivalent employees working across over 550 operating sites including joint ventures. Boral produces and distributes a broad range of construction materials, including quarry products, cement, fly ash, pre-mix concrete and asphalt; and building products, including clay bricks and pavers, clay and concrete roof tiles, concrete masonry products, plasterboard and timber. Boral primarily serves customers in the building and construction industries with operations concentrated in three key geographical markets - Australia, the USA and ;
Boral values and is committed to creating a diverse working environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All suitable applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability or age.
To stay safe in your job search, information on common scams and to get free expert advice, we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organization working to combat job scams.