RSA Country Manager
at Safe2choose in
RSA Country Manager at Safe2choose in South Africa
Job highlightsPosted on April 28, 2017
About the Position
The Country Manager will be responsible for overseeing operations on the ground in South Africa, helping to quickly expand our nationwide operation. The Country Manager will also be the safe2choose representative for all other issues related to our core business such as marketing, distribution, partner development, client relations, and more. An ideal candidate will have technical, program management, public health experience, and a background in organizing and advocacy in the field of sexual and reproductive health and rights, but we will provide training as needed once we have made our selection. This role will be given tremendous responsibility and candidates should be able to take initiative and manage themselves effectively.
The main responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Use existing technical systems to update SMS campaign wording and flow.
- Comprehension of technical infrastructure and the ability to make recommendations for improvement.
- Monitor system performance and outages. Work with relevant vendors to troubleshoot issues as they arise.
- Investigate new technologies and systems that could be leveraged.
- Strict adherence to the security and data management policies defined.
- Develop copy and content for SMS, website content, and social media.
- Get user feedback about our tools.
- Analyze results against KPIs and recommend programmatic improvements.
- Draft program reports, including narratives and financial projections.
- Flexibility to have occasional meetings outside working hours given the rest of the team is based internationally.
- Manage local staff as project grows.
- Manage relationship with local stakeholders (universities, youth groups, National Department of Health, etc).
- Manage relationship with local service providers (SMS aggregators, creative agency, etc).
- Work with internationally based staff via email, and phone.
- Contribute to external communications (social media, blog posts, etc.)
- Must already be living in South Africa.
- University Bachelor's degree in any field.
- Independent access to a computer, internet and home-office space.
- Interest in reproductive rights and/or social justice.
- Experience with data collection and analysis.
- Basic computer and smartphone skills (editing phone settings, installing new applications, etc).
- Fluent English + at least one other local language.
- Strong English writing skills or strong coding skills is a plus.
- Ability to travel nationally at 10% of time.
- Pro-choice, reliable, organized and a positive attitude.
Hours & Compensation
Full time commitment with four months probationary period to be followed with long-term contract assuming a good fit. The role will receive a monthly salary dependent on the experience level. Start date ASAP.