at Sabari Indian School in
UAE - Dubai
Administration Manager at Sabari Indian School in UAE - Dubai
Job highlightsPosted on February 6, 2017
To be responsible for facilitating the efficient functioning of the School via a range of administrative and school operational activities and meet statutory requirements
The Manager Administration reports to the Head HR & Admin and is responsible for office management, administering of PR functions to ensure strict compliance, health, safety & security, facilities management, housekeeping, staff accommodation management, local purchase, assets management etc. The Manager Administration shall work within the rules, regulation and procedures of the Group.
Failure to provide adequate allied services in the school may result in endangering the safety and security of the children & staff and meet with statutory requirements of the school. Also would result in the school management not being able to achieve the quality objectives and deliver quality ;
3. A. Administer and monitor the smooth functioning of all the administrative offices in the school
a) Responsible for development of office lay-out in consultation with Senior Management Team of the School and Corporate Administration. Furniture set-up and allocation of work stations as per Group Policy
b) Timely provisioning of office furniture, equipment, stationery, ensuring strict compliance as per regulatory authorities
c) Development of an employee-oriented school culture that emphasizes quality, continuous improvement and high performance.
d) Responsible for setting up and maintenance of reception area including flower and plants arrangement
e) Ensure effective parents interface / communication regarding services provided; Follow up on feedback system and complaints management
f) Supervising and monitoring the work of Secretarial, Front Office, Public Relations, transport / housekeeping supervisors and other administrative staff
g) Implementing and maintaining procedures/office administrative systems
3. B. Administer Public Relations activities of the school and ensure strict compliance
a) Oversee trade license processing and its timely renewals
b) Deal with the correspondence and ensure proper correspondence with KHDA, Ministry of Labour, Ministry of Immigration, Dubai Health Authority and other Government agencies.
c) Timely processing of visa, work permit, occupational health card and meet with other staff regulatory requirements
d) Ensure maintenance of accurate data base on visa, work permit and passports and its timely renewals. Maintain effective passport control
e) Maintain all the original tenancy contracts of the school, offices and ensure timely renewals.
3. C. Administer Health, Safety and Security activities of the school
a) Establishment of well-equipped school clinic and appointment / hiring of doctor and nurses as per DHA guidelines.
b) Ensure that periodical medical checkups are carried out for students in the school and relevant health records are maintained in the clinic.
c) Maintain school clinic and first aid equipment as per the requirements and ensure strict adherence to DHA school guidelines.
d) Keep the school clinic and school premises ready for DHA inspections and ensure compliance.
e) Develop a regular and periodical school inspection practice to ensure safety in school premises.
f) Carry out risk assessment and safety audit of the school premises.
g) Promote workplace safety and carry out periodical fire ;
h) Installation and maintenance of firefighting equipment
i) Hiring of Security appropriate security providers and establish a formal contract for the school.
j) Monitor the performance of security guards and officers through structured inspection ;
k) Develop, implement and ensure that school health and safety polices are up to date.
3. D. Administer practices of facilities management and housekeeping in the school
a) Liaise with building contracting company and ensure smooth taking over of the building.
b) Manage new premise fit outs, refurbishments, furnishing and space management.
c) Effectively manage the AMCs for school facilities including lift, air conditioners, CCTV, fixture & furniture, water tank, swimming pool, aquarium etc.
d) Ensure availability of manpower for regular cleaning in the school during and after school hours.
e) Maintain service records of housekeeping staff of contracted company for housekeeping.
f) Carry out daily, weekly and monthly housekeeping checks and maintain records all the time.
g) Ensure optimum utilization of housekeeping staff.
3. E. Administer staff accommodation (for overseas candidates) and labour camp (for support staff) requirements for the school
a) Identify and complete hiring formalities for staff accommodation and labour camp as per the requirements from time to time.
b) Ensure timely furnishing of the apartments and availability of water / electricity connections.
c) Allot staff accommodation to overseas candidates and bed space in the labour camp as per management approval.
d) Maintain relevant records of assets provided to staff accommodation and camps.
e) Develop and implement procedures for furnishing eligibilities, purchase and condemnation.
3. F. Administer practices of local purchase, assets management and consumables in the school
a) Responsible for procuring all office supplies, equipment, furniture and services which are required for smooth functioning of school.
b) Develop and implement procedures and practices for vendor registration, evaluation, receipt and issue of items required in the school.
c) Develop assets register and maintain all the records of assets procured for the school.
d) Carry out periodical stock checking of assets and maintain relevant records. Also responsible for annual stock taking and physical verification.
e) Develop and implement condemnation procedure for assets.
f) Maintain consumption register for consumables.
g) Manage local purchase effectively to ensure effective support and availability of resources for all the events in the school.
h) Liaise with building contracting company and ensure smooth taking over of the building.
i) Manage new premise fit outs, refurbishments, furnishing and space management.
3. G. Administer high standard services of transport, canteen (school lunch), uniform & books sale and all other outsourced arrangements in the school
a) Responsible for the following school transport activities in the school:
• Accurate registration of students for transport service and appropriate fee charging
• Optimum route planning, allocation of right type of vehicle, allotment of drivers and bus attendants for each vehicle.
• Fulfilment of RTA specifications for vehicles and drivers
• Implementation of safety standards and best practices
• Ensure safe arrival and dispersal of students all the ;
b) Responsible for the smooth functioning of school canteen and provisioning of school lunch to registered students.
• Finalization of vendor for school canteen and signing of formal contract
• Procure, provide and maintain necessary fixture and furniture for school canteen
• Coordinate and get the final list of items which will be made available in the school canteen, keep the Municipality approval ready for inspection.
• Maintenance of mandatory documents like Municipality approval, Municipality Inspection records, Occupational Health Record of canteen staff ;
c) Responsible for the smooth sale of uniform and books in the schools.
• Coordinate with finalized vendor for school uniform and books for the academic year to ensure smooth sale of uniform and books. Maintain formal contracts for all the vendors.
• Provide necessary resources for smooth sale during the beginning of academic year as well as during the year. Maintain relevant records for sale of books and uniform as found necessary.
d) Develop service standards for all the outsourced arrangements including but not restricted to sale of books, uniform, canteen, security, transport, MEP services, housekeeping, swimming pool maintenance, AMC of office equipment, gardening & landscaping, pest control, sewage and waste management, supply of drinking water, website management
3. F. Provide inputs for budgets & forecasts and implement effective internal control system in the school.
a) Responsible to provide necessary input on proposed expenditure towards fixture & furniture, revenue expenditure, cost of activities and students strength. Also provide input for the next 5 years.
• Manage and track expenditure against ;
• Manage and control expenditures on telephone, mobile payments, DEWA / SEWA payments, processing of all vender payments and maintain system for accountability and control of all admin ;
• Collect, compile data and compare on Administrative / Revenue expenditures so as to carry out cost control measures.
4. WORKING CONDITIONS
4. A. Physical demands: The Manager Administration will have to spend long hours sitting and using office equipment and computers, which can cause muscle strain. The Manager may also have to keep moving within the school premises on regular ;
4. B. Environmental Conditions: The Manager Administration have to manage a number of activities at one time, and may be interrupted frequently to meet the needs and requests of various departments and Clients. The Manager may find the environment to be busy, noisy, hot, and humid and will need excellent organizational, time and stress management skills to complete the required tasks.
4. C. Sensory demands: Sensory demands include use of the computer which may cause eye strain, frequent movement in and out of the office and exposure to sun light may cause occasional headaches. The School may be noisy and busy making it difficult for the Manager to concentrate.
4. D. Psychological demands: Significant stress is cause to deal with young children and parents of different nationalities. The Manager Administration will have to manage a number of requests and situations at one time. Stress may be caused by the need to complete tasks within tight deadlines.
• Sound knowledge on statutory requirements for Ministry of Labour, Dubai Immigration, Economic Department, KHDA, Dubai Health Authority, Municipality, Civil Defense,
• Good understanding of service standards for all the sub-verticals in the school operation
• Good knowledge on work place safety
• Requirements of newly established school in the
• Good understanding of accounting principles and financial statements
• Administration of large volume of support staff from different nationalities
• Supervisory skills; Team building skills
• Analytical and problem solving skills
• Decision making skills
• Effective verbal and listening communication skills
• Effective written communication skills
• Computer skills including the ability to operate ERP system at a highly proficient level.
• Self-driven, results-oriented with a positive outlook, and a clear focus on high quality and business profit. A natural forward planner who critically assesses own ;
• Mature, credible, and comfortable in dealing with senior big company ;
• Reliable, tolerant, and ;
• Empathic communicator, able to see things from the other person's point of ;
• Well-presented and businesslike. Sufficiently mobile and flexible.
• Able to get on with others and be a team-player.
7. EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE
• Post Graduate, preferably a MBA graduate
• 10 years of experience in a reputed company and a minimum of 3 years in educational institute.