at School of Rock in
South Africa - Cape Town
Guitar Instructor/Mentor at School of Rock in South Africa - Cape Town
Job highlightsPosted on February 2, 2017
Job Title: Music Teacher/Instructor/Mentor (1 vacancy)
Reports To: General Manager / Managing Director
Location: School of Rock, Claremont, Cape Town South Africa
Employment: Part time - Monthly salary - hourly rate
Start date: 1st March 2017
The Music Teacher/Instructor/Mentor provides top quality music instruction through private lessons and shows for School of Rock. This role creates a safe and inspiring environment for students to achieve their musical and creative potential and insures that each School of Rock student has a positive, exceptional musical journey.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Teach students the fundamentals of music
• Create and Document thoughtful lesson plans
• Communicate regularly with parents on progress of students after lessons.
• Interact with parents and students regularly by being visible and accessible in the school.
• help with lessons when other teachers can't make it
• Inspire and motivate students
• Responsible for the overall execution of the School of Rock program from rehearsals and concerts to the music lessons provided at the school.
• Assist with putting on shows, and setting up events etc
• Stand in for Studio Coordinator in his/her absence
• 4 + years' experience teaching and/or performing music professionally
• Knowledge of music theory and curriculum design
• Excellent ability to deal well with a wide range of customers/students of all ages and backgrounds
• Strong organizational skills
• Very strong customer relations skills
• Resourceful and good problem-solver
• Works well under pressure
• Ideal candidate is a working musician who also has formal music school training
• Enthusiastic, Flexible, patient, and positive demeanor
• Good judgment a must
• Multi-instrumentalist - an advantage
• Guitar Instructor / multi-instrumentalist
School of Rock, LLC is the original performance-based, interactive music school founded in 1998 in Philadelphia. With over 160 schools across 8 countries on 5 continents and a strong nationally and internationally recognized brand, the company is the largest after school music education provider in the world. School of Rock's mission is to inspire kids to rock on stage, and in life!