Senior MEP QS
at Bright Minds HR Consultancy in
UAE - Dubai
Senior MEP QS at Bright Minds HR Consultancy in UAE - Dubai
Job highlightsPosted on January 25, 2017
• Providing accurate cost advice and reporting to our clients
• Managing, leading and coordinating a team of cost managers within a live project environment
• Efficiently analyzing existing project data
• Setting up and managing workshops to achieve the required cost savings
• Providing ad-hoc high level strategic proposals as and when required
• Delivering projects, commissions and professional assignments
• Maintaining effective communication to ensure all information is available for the successful completion of projects; liaising with other managers to ensure efficient financial control
• Undertaking commercial management services
• Delivering all work outputs in an accurately and timely manner
• Representing the company in a professional and diligent manner; meeting, negotiating and corresponding with clients to form strong working relationships in true partnership
• Review All project documents and identify scope of work
• Establishment and update of a Pricing Database
• Verify competitiveness of Bid rates (bid tabs vs vendor sub-quotes)
• Prepare trend pricing for projects in preconstruction
• Provide Complete and Accurate Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing Estimates with current software in accordance with company standards
• Provide Conceptual Budgetary Pricing
• Coordinate and Clarify Scope Internally and Externally
• Track Productivity on Past Projects. Follow Up on All Past Awards
• Fill in Minor and Major Scope/Design Gaps
• Provide Extensive Value Engineering Ideas (System Redesign)
• Material, Labour and Equipment Take-offs
• Clarify Scope with entities within the Client, Partner, General Contractor and Engineer
• Obtain Quotes and Coordinate/Qualify Scope with Vendors and Subcontractors
• Verify Estimate Accuracy by Comparing Data Versus Similar Bids
• Liaison Between Estimating and Field Operations
• Use available historical data to determine productivity and pricing rates
• Conduct site visits as a part of the estimating process
• Organize and format estimates for ease of comprehension by the end user
• Effectively communicate and collaborate with personnel, vendors, and clients
• Conduct post bid meetings with Contracts team for lessons learned
• Manage time effectively and prioritize tasks to ensure completion of all duties and tasks assigned
• Mentor less experienced members of staff
• Other duties as assigned by Management Cost Management services to be provided
The Consultant is shall provide support and assistance in the management, coordination and monitoring of all pre and post contract procurement and contract management activities associated with the construction and delivery of Expo 2020 in line with the expectations of the Client inclusive of but not limited to the following;
Procurement / Tendering
• Develop and recommend package procurement strategies including studies and recommendations on the most appropriate method of contracting.
• Establish tendering strategy in conjunction with the Client.
• Establish all long lead items and manage procurement to meet Master Project Schedule.
• Shortlist Contractors and suppliers with prequalification where necessary; including management and preparation of tender lists.
• Agree and coordinate production of documentation necessary for tendering with Consultants.
• Review tender documents prior to issue and recommend any changes considered necessary.
• Invite tenders; manage all, pre-bid conferences and meetings, enquiries and addenda throughout the tender process.
• Attend tender openings; provide detailed tender evaluation and reports
• Manage and coordinate any post-bid conferences, meetings and any clarification process
• Produce recommendation reports and manage process to award.
• Preparation, review and management of any contract documentation.
• Preparation of monthly cost reports for submission to the Client.
• Monitor and record that insurances, bonds, warranties and guarantees are in place.
• Record, distribute and follow up the timely action of variation requests and payment certificates.
• Review, validate and recommend interim and final payment of Contractors and assist with the preparation of payment for Other Consultants.
• Measuring, evaluating and recommending the value of all variation requests from Contractors.
• Preparation and coordination of all final account submissions and provide recommendation to the Client.
• Monitor the estimate final cost and review on a regular basis to address budgetary issues.
• Maintain planned, actual and forecast valuations and cash flows.
Claim Management (deliverables limited to cost impact)
• Provide assistance and support to variation and claims management systems and procedures.
• Advising and assisting the Client on the implementation methods and procedures to minimise the potential impact of claims.
• Identify and provide advice to the Client on potential claim issues.
• Assisting the Client in the settlement of disputes or differences that may arise between the Client and any Contractor and attempt to resolve claim without recourse to formal dispute resolution.
• Review and make specific recommendations on all claim notifications and submissions to or by the Client.
• Assist in the response to all claim notifications or submissions by Contractors and /or suppliers via the Engineer.
Responsibilities and Accountability:
• Actively engage with the internal clients as required by the Line Manager to understand the business requirements and be responsible for the detailed scope definition, business case evaluation and refinement, and project brief development in coordination and consultation with relevant stakeholders.
• Ensure thorough, up-to-date and accurate documentation, storage and control on all project documents in line with standard Consultants' practices and with specific adherence to Client's governance and audit control requirement.
• Acting professionally to meet the project timelines and quality
• Assist the existing team member on cost related aspects of the project
• Perform other duties as assigned by Bureau Expo Dubai 2020 Line/Project Manager/(s)