Back-End Web Developer
at Lamsa World in
Jordan - Amman
Back-End Web Developer at Lamsa World in Amman
Job highlightsPosted on January 23, 2017
Lamsa is the number one Arabic Edutainment app in the region and is on a mission to spread the love of learning through engaging, fun and interactive stories, games and videos.
We are looking for a Back-End Web Developer responsible for managing the interchange of data between the server and the users. Your primary focus will be development of all server-side logic, definition and maintenance of the central database, and ensuring high performance and responsive-ness to requests from the front-end. You will also be responsible for integrating the front-end ele-ments built by your coworkers into the application. A basic understanding of front-end technologies is therefore necessary as well.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related fields.
- 2+ years of experience in development for BackEnd.
- Integration of user-facing elements developed by a front-end developers with server side logic
- Building reusable code and libraries for future use
- Optimization of the application for maximum speed and scalability
- Implementation of security and data protection
- Design and implementation of data storage solutions
Skills and Qualifications:
- Good understanding of server-side CSS preprocessors, such as LESS and SASS
- Understanding accessibility and security compliance
- User authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments
- Integration of multiple data sources and databases into one system
- Management of hosting environment, including database administration and scaling an applica-tion to support load changes
- Data migration, transformation, and scripting
- Setup and administration of backups
- Outputting data in different formats
- Understanding differences between multiple delivery platforms such as mobile vs desktop, and optimizing output to match the specific platform
- Creating database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Proficient understanding of OWASP security principles
- Understanding of "session management" in a distributed server environment
- Experience with Scrum & AGILE software development methodologies.
- Excellent communication (written and oral), interpersonal & customer interaction skills is a must.
Preferred nationality: Jordanian and Palestinian and willing to work and relocated in Amman, Jordan.