Data Centre Engineer
Malaysia - Kuala Lumpur
Data Centre Engineer at Confidential company in Kuala Lumpur
Job highlightsPosted on January 20, 2017
The Client a wholly-owned subsidiary of GOLDIS Berhad was incorporated in 1995. Initially established to capitalize on the e-commerce sector, the Client shifted its core business to the telco industry as an Internet Service Provider ("ISP") in year 2001.
With the purpose of connecting communities across the globe, the Client provides online connectivity to individuals, homes and businesses, transmitting data and voice through its own independent wireless network; through their Metro-E and FTTP ("Fiber-To-The-Premises") infrastructure in addition to ever-growing of telephone and cable networks. Their philosophy is to provide a fast, efficient and reliable service to all our customers.
With a dedicated and experienced team, they are focused in providing comprehensive and reliable end-to-end communications solution to their valued customers. Therefore, due to the company's expansion they are looking for a Data Centre Engineer to be responsible to for daily network operations, accurate problem resolution, troubleshooting, escalation and closure of all end user incidents and service requests in line with the agreed service levels and documented SOP.
The successful applicant will be responsible for providing first and second level support for the Data Centre/distribution/access network on scheduled support time & on-call/on-standby.
• New installation at DC, Tenant and Hotel IT Operations
• Core/distribution/access network planning, IP address planning/allocation, VLANs plan
• Configuration of routers, firewall, DNS, load balancers, network switches & serves (Tenants IT Infrastructure)
• Trouble-shooting of issues related to critical network links, abnormal network conditions, firewall incidents, security incidents, customers complaints, upstream providers incidents and many other network related issues
• Updating the documentation, network/system/customer records & processes
• Problem escalation and management to upstream network providers and other 3rd party vendors
• Proactive monitoring of all radio internal system, email & SMS alerts and problem escalation
• Skills & abilities: CCNA/routing/switching will be added advantage