Sous Chef - MAELU Munich- Dubai
at Bellaria Restaurant Management LLC in
UAE - Dubai
Sous Chef - MAELU Munich- Dubai at Bellaria Restaurant Management LLC in UAE - Dubai
Job highlightsPosted on January 10, 2017
We are looking for a professional Sous Chef to be the person in command in our kitchen. The successful candidate will employ its culinary and managerial skills in order to play a critical role in maintaining and enhancing our customers' satisfaction.
• Help in the preparation and design of all food menus
• In charge for planning and directing food preparation
• Produce high quality plates both design and taste wise and ensure complete customer satisfaction.
• Prepares food to specifications before and during operations.
• Assess food portion size, visual appeal, taste and temperature of items served.
• Properly measures and portions all food items. Complies with all portion sizes, quality standards, department rules, policies and procedures.
• Constantly analyzes cost and quality of food production, knows to manage within his set food cost and adheres to all company policies.
• Cooks all food to Proper specifications in a timely manner
• Ensures proper food temperatures are maintained and food is stored correctly
• Ensures freshness and quality of all menu items
• Knowledge of all food & beverage procedures standards, quality presentation, service and products and local health & sanitation standards.
• Possess the ability to quickly and authoritatively delegate job tasks to a large staff
• Performs opening, closing and side work duties as instructed and according proper guidelines
• Keeps workstation and equipment clean, organized, sanitized, and sufficiently stocked
• Sets up and operated kitchen equipment.
• Uses waste control guidelines and records all waste on spoilage sheet
• Ability to work varied hours/days, including nights, weekends, and holidays, as needed.
• Ensure that the kitchen operates in a timely way that meets our quality standards
• Comply with and enforce sanitation regulations and safety standards
• Maintain a positive and professional approach with coworkers and customers
• As Sous Chef, you will be leading a team of Junior Sous Chef, Chef De Parties and Commis Chefs
• Manage and train kitchen staff, establish working schedule and assess staff's performance
• Resourcefully solve any issues that arise and seize control of any problematic situation
• Utilizes kitchen equipment to prepare food items such as: knives, slicers, whips, pots, pans, warmers, steamers, grills, ovens, etc.
• Order supplies to stock inventory appropriately
• Manage and monitor the performance of the stewarding team
• Performs other duties assigned.
• 3+ years of experience as a Sous Chef
• Better culinary and managerial skills
• Understanding of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and procedures
• Food and recipe costing
• Budget and Forecast (Basic)
• Excellent record of kitchen and staff management
• Accuracy and speed in handling emergency situations and providing solutions
• Familiar with industry's best practices
• Working knowledge of various computer software programs (MS Office, restaurant management software, POS)
• BS degree in Culinary science or related certificate would be a plus