French Sous Chef
at Excelsior in
UAE - Abu Dhabi
French Sous Chef at Excelsior in UAE - Abu Dhabi
Job highlightsPosted on January 9, 2017
French Sous Chef -
Expert in French Cuisine, He Prepares culinary delight for the guests and execute menus' ensuring a high level of performance, guest satisfaction & profitability. Supervises and coordinates activities of Cooks and other workers engaged in preparing and cooking foodstuffs by performing the following duties.
- Comply with Standards of Service and assists in assuring the same from all kitchen employees.
- Assists in manage a day-to-day operation of the kitchen, coordinate food productionschedules and ensure highest level of food quality, taste and presentation.
- Participate in actual food preparation, produce food consistently high quality, taste and presentation and expedite during peak meal periods as needed.
- Control food cost by assisting in training kitchen staff on the proper methods of food preparation and handling, by training kitchen, restaurant and steward employees on how to handle leftover food items.
- Ensures that all kitchen employees consistently adhere to uniform, grooming and appearance standards
- In conjunction with the Executive Chef & Executive Sous Chef, establish goals for the kitchen anticipate and resolve problems concerning all facets of the kitchen anticipate trends, enact approved profit-oriented and cost saving ideas/activities.
- Establish and require strict adherence to health department and hotel sanitation and food handling guidelines.
- In conjunction with the Executive Chef and Executive Sous Chef, develop menus & create and ensure adherence to recipes and product specifications.
- Train kitchen staff on all new menus.
- The Sous Chef must maintain effective communication within the kitchen, be responsive to staff suggestions and concerns and work to resolve problems.
- Maintain effective working relationship with food and beverage management, staff and hotel departments.
- Complete daily food orders based upon scheduled banquet events and projected levels of business.
- Conduct regular inspections of the entire kitchen/dishwashing areas and coolers and Promptly act to correct deficiencies found during inspection.
- Proven experience as French Cuisine Sous chef in a five star hotel
- Exceptional proven ability of kitchen management
- Ability in dividing responsibilities and monitoring progress
- Outstanding communication and leadership skills
- Up-to-date with culinary trends and optimized kitchen processes
- Degree in Culinary science or related certificate.