Creative Event Manager
at -ING creatives in
UAE - Dubai
Creative Event Manager at -ING creatives in UAE - Dubai
Job highlightsPosted on January 10, 2017
ING is an ambitious Creative Community that believes in making a true positive impact on the world, starting with our community in Dubai.
We care very deeply about building remarkable sustainable events. We serve our Creative Community the same way we love to be served. We are proud of our work. We are passionate, hardworking, thoughtful and feel comfortable spending time with each other. We organise creative events around the city which include Talks, Portfolio Reviews and Workshops. We are now building upon the success of the -ING Creative Festivals in 2015 and 2016 to bring an exciting programme of events to Alserkal Avenue in April 2017.
You are passionate, hardworking and know how to think on your feet. You are very resourceful and know how to manage your time. You don't need us to always tell you what to do; you are capable of finding solutions and working independently. You're great at making things happen, communicating your successes and failures to the team and collaborating with others. Discussing ideas energises you; you are a problem solver and you know you're capable of doing anything if you set your mind to it. You're professional, polite and personable when interacting with those around you. You have a sense of humour and you enjoy a good laugh and having fun.
• Superb organization and time-management skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication
• Attention to detail
• Curiosity and an eagerness to learn
• Ability to take direction as well as use own initiative as necessary
• Culturally savvy; Loves creativity, design and art. A knowledge of Dubai's arts scene and creative industry is a bonus.
• Ability to work in an extremely collaborative and fast-moving environment
You will play a pivotal role in the successful delivery of the -ING Creative Festival 2017, working with a wide variety of people to ensure that the festival runs smoothly for everyone involved. You will work with an international team to overcome challenges, think creatively and be part of Dubai's creative community.
• Manage the practical delivery of the -ING Creative Festival including obtaining permits, securing facilities, sourcing materials and coordinating on-the- day setup
• Identify, select and book key contributors to the festival - music, food and beverage outlets and daytrip for guest speakers
• Create and nurture relationships with ING Stakeholders including volunteers and guest speakers
• Organize other creative events from rainstorming through to realization, as required
• Research individuals, events or trends that are relevant to ING
• This is a paid 3 month internship (Leading to a full time position)
• Evolve your event management skills and learn how a brand is built from the ground up
• Get acquainted with the creative process and management of a creative start up (, report analysis, relationships, print, digital, etc.)
• Build long-term relationships with major brands, agencies and creative partners ranging from international guest speakers to local bands, artists and food outlets
• University graduate or equivalent
• 3 years professional experience in any field
• Excellent communication skills
• Experience in Events Coordination or Project Coordination
• Undergraduate degree in marketing, event management, business or similar experience
• Experience in event management
• Experience in project management
If you're interested in applying, please follow this link to submit and answer a few questions required for us to proceed your application: