PRODUCT & MARKET DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
at IResource Consulting in
Philippines - Makati City
PRODUCT & MARKET DEVELOPMENT MANAGER at IResource Consulting in Philippines - Makati City
Job highlightsPosted on January 6, 2017
Responsible for the development of new products to be marketed after doing project feasibility studies which involve the following activities: (1) Research on what construction related products can be developed and sold by the Company; (2) Determine the type and size of market to be targeted; (3) Determine manufacturing facilities that are needed to produce the product; (4) determine the source of raw materials or finished products; (5) Do costing to determine if it will be better for the Company to import finished products vs. raw materials and produce locally; (5) Determine the distribution channels for the product; and (6) Recommend the pricing scheme to be done for the new product.
Once the new product is approved by Management, he will then be responsible for its implementation and subsequent rollout to the market.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Conducts research via internet , interviews, or surveys to identify new products that can be developed and sold by the Company to the construction industry.
2. Gathers data on the type and size of market to be targeted, the pricing that would be competitive in the market and the distribution channels to be utilized to maximize sales.
3. Does costing to determine if it would be better for the Company to import finished products vs to import raw materials and produce it locally.
4. Identifies source of finished products or raw materials to be used and the manufacturing facilities that will be needed if the new product will be produced locally.
5. Collates the above data, prepares and submits report on the project feasibility study that he conducted together with recommendations for approval by the COO of the concerned business unit and Chairman & CEO.
6. Once approved for implementation, coordinates with Sales, Marketing and the Plant Operations Group to ensure that the product will be developed and ready for sale to the targeted market within set timetables.
7. Performs other related duties that may assigned by Management from time to time.
Civil or Mechanical Engineering graduate from reputable universities, preferably licensed with MBA Degree.
At least fifteen (15) years of work experience in conducting project feasibility studies and subsequent marketing and sales of construction related products.
Knowledge and Skills Required
Must have technical knowledge of construction related materials such as roofing, framing, and other construction supplies.
He must also possess a good network with contractors, architects, developers, specifiers and hardware stores to be able to gather information on market demands.
He must be computer literate to be able to conduct internet research work.
Must be highly analytical, detail-oriented, highly systematic and organized.
Must have a strong sense of initiative and must be results-oriented.
Must be assertive, a team player, and able to work well with all levels in the organization.
Must possess above-average oral and written communication skills.
Must be hardworking and able to work under pressure and time constraints.