Catering Unit Manager
at Excelsior in
UAE - Dubai
Catering Unit Manager at Excelsior in UAE - Dubai
Job highlightsPosted on January 4, 2017
To manage the catering services within a Hospital and ensuring that quality and satisfaction is achieved within budget. This post will involve coordination of all aspects of catering services and ensuring that catering services are provided according to quality and therapeutic Diet and Hygienic Standards.
Major responsibilities of the Unit Manager are to:
· Ensure the provision of quality food and service for patient
· Ensure the provision of quality food and service for Food court and Staff Cafeteria, to the requirements and satisfaction of the company
· Drive consumer sales and experience
· Plan and cost menus, making sure that budgetary limits and prescribed menus are adhered to.
· Ensure correct and timely completion of all administrative duties
· Ensure that cash-up procedures are strictly adhered to
· Oversee an update staff records maintaining them in accordance with company and statutory requirements
· Ensure that hygiene standards comply with company and statutory requirements
· Ensure effective security in all areas under his/her control
· Be aware of and respond to the needs of staff, including induction, monitoring performance, coaching and ensuring that appropriate training is effected
· Carry out On-job-Training as requested by the company
· Ensure that regular fire drills are held, evacuation procedures understood and effected
· Complete and submit incident reports in the event of fire, theft, burglary or accident
· Ensure that staff are correctly dressed at all times
· Constantly be aware of the needs of the customer, continuously striving to create the right environment
HSEQ / IMS
· Implementation of site-specific HSEQ plans including mobilization checklists within the specified timetables.
· Reporting on the performance of the HSEQ systems to the Area Manager.
· Ensuring that all corrective action taken is completed and effective and leads to continuous improvement of the operations at the site.
· Maintaining a safe work environment.
· Consulting with employees on all HSEQ matters.
· Ensuring compliance with all legislative requirements.
· Conducting visual and formal HSEQ inspections in consultation with employees.
· Conducting daily pre-start meetings (if required).
· Analyzing all work activities under their control to ensure that hazards have been identified and controlled.
· Ensuring that work activities do not adversely affect or endanger other personnel clients employees, visitors or the public and the environment.
· Conducting regular staff meetings to discuss safety and environmental issues.
· Ensuring all work is carried out by suitably qualified, trained and competent personnel.
· Reporting, recording and investigating all incidents within their work area.
· Immediately investigating all hazards reported and implementing measures to control or eliminate such hazards.
· Conducting job safety analysis with employees as required.
A Graduate in any discipline or Diploma holder in Hotel Management or a high school certificate.
He/She should have a minimum of 5 years' experience in similar position with a contract catering company and preferably worked in a hospital catering environment. Must have very good communication skills in English with strong interpersonal and leadership skills. Must be willing to accept challenges and be a team player.