Production Manager - Based In Malacca
at JP Search in
Production Manager - Based In Malacca at JP Search in Malaysia
Job highlightsPosted on December 29, 2016
A) Production Management
• Liaise and finalize with Production Planning (PP) on optimal production planning.
• Ensure manufacture of products in accordance with the production schedule especially in the terms of quality and delivery time requirement.
• Monitor the attainment of production output against production plan.
• Achievement of process key figure (PKF) targets.
• Alerting the heads of Department concerned, instances, omissions, negligence and other irregularities that can affect the adherence of schedule and plan.
B) Control Production Cost and Reporting
• Manage production with constant goal of maximizing production efficiencies.
• Maintain good working relationship between collogue to discuss issues and find good solutions.
• Seek and provide detailed information on happenings in the production on downtime issues.
• Identify and analyse root causes of inefficiencies and initiate preventive measures to improve efficiencies.
• Discuss and prepare plant maintenance/repair or preventive maintenance work schedule with Maintenance Manager.
C) PKF Budget & VPC (Variable Production Cost)
• Plan/Implement decisions based on budgets.
• Constantly monitor actual situation to budgets from relevant reports distributed by Production Controller so that budgets are not overrun.
• Exercise cost effectiveness and efficiency at all times.
D) Production Quality Management
• Ensure that the factory manufacturer's products as per Quality Standards to satisfy the customer requirements without compromise to quality, quantity and delivery requirements.
• Managing the Quality Standard of each stages of production process.
• Liaise and collaborate with Quality Control Department on any quality compliance issues.
• Work with Product Development department to develop new products.
E) Managing Organizational Health and Safety
• Collaborate with Safety department to conduct regular safety awareness program on legal issues
related to health and safety for employees as to maintain workplace and production safety and
F) People Development & Training
• Provide timely and accurate departmental objectives to employees and be transparent in corrective actions to be taken on problematic issues
• Continuously develop and retain high quality employees and reward them based on values
• Encourage learning organization within own department to secure continuous improvement while maintaining the respect for staff relations
• Liaise with HR department for the provision of regular subordinated training in order to upgrade employees technical and management competency
G) Continuous Employees Training
• Identifying any training needs and co-ordinate with the HR Manager
• Ensure that training needs are well identified and plans are made to provide on the job training to improve specific skills of employees
• Development of personnel with a view for continuous improvements of individual achievement and performance competence
• Ensure immediate sub-ordinated provided adequate training and coaching to enhance competency.
• Degree in Mechanical Engineering/Production Engineering. MBA qualification will be an added advantage.
• Minimum 5 years' experience ideally within companies/manufacturing industries which are suitable for the role.
• Willing to train and develop employees/colleagues.
• Able to provide clear direction and guidance to a team in a way that leads to optimal results.
• Delegates and authorizes people to take decisions.
• Able to plan and organize work effectively.
Qualified or interested candidate, Kindly click apply below or email us a copy of in MS Word format to: jpsearch.
Kindly indicate the following details in :
1. Current and Expected salary
2. Reason for leaving for current and previous employment
3. Earlier availability date
4. Position that you are applying for
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
However, rest assured that all applications will be updated to our resume bank for future opportunities/references.